Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Dehbashi

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:02 pm

And another thing to bring up why I am not shocked that Lucas sided with Iger and everyone should use to mock the Fandom Menace with. Lucas was the one who insisted as part of the deal of selling Lucas film to Disney that Kathleen Kennedy should be head of it. A person that Steven Spielberg himself said was pretty much an idiot. Why would anyone think he would hate how shitty Star Wars has become

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:37 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:03 am
Many people believe George's woke black wife is speaking for him.
Georgie's ex wife said publicly that the new movies are trash.
Georgie, like the petty, vindictive little Cockslut he is, made the cancerous "special editions" specifically to cut her off the editing credits.
I wonder if this is also another way to get back at her.
Maybe he will also sperg about Flashgitz during his Failout 3 emergency stream to pay rent, because of this:

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:57 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:05 pm
Were people excepting 80 year old retired George Lucas to take over Disney and save Star Wars or something? I don’t get why everyone is so salty.
That's pretty much it. A few weeks ago, Valiant Renegade was pontificating about how Nelson Peltz and Elon Musk (of course) were totally joining forces to buy/brute force their way into Disney's admin board, and how they could get Lucas to support their bid with his shares. I swear I'm not making this up; if VR didn't delete the video in shame, it should still exist ready to be watched and mocked.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:11 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:02 pm
Lucas was the one who insisted as part of the deal of selling Lucas film to Disney that Kathleen Kennedy should be head of it. A person that Steven Spielberg himself said was pretty much an idiot. Why would anyone think he would hate how shitty Star Wars has become
Lucas wanted to kill the franchise, but he wanted to shift the blame to someone else.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:45 pm

Not to praise a woman - even tho the guy who said the special editions were done to spite her already kind of did, but if anyone gets to have an opinion on Star Wars get taken as gospel - it’s Marcia Lucas.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:10 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:07 am
Maul was instantly identifiable AND had become nostalgic AND was enough of a blank slate where you could do practically any story you wanted with him.
Which is why he killed him off immediately, repeating the Boba Fett mistake, because he thought Jar Jar Binks would be the iconic fan favourite.

George is a fucking moron that only managed to benefit in hindsight only in spite of his dumb predictions.
This is seriously one of your dumber takes.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:25 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:10 pm
Which is why he killed him off immediately
I'm talking about the sequels. None of this is relevant to Maul's first appearance
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:22 pm

Rushy wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:25 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:10 pm
Which is why he killed him off immediately
I'm talking about the sequels. None of this is relevant to Maul's first appearance
Jorge being too dense to predict people would find the silent, unique-looking, badass dude awesome and wanting to see more of him is irrelevant to your ludicrous claim that he has his finger on the pulse of trends?
Are you wilfully obtuse?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:45 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:22 pm
Jorge being too dense to predict people would find the silent, unique-looking, badass dude awesome
Oh fuck off, you know as well as I do that George was only making three films at the time.

Maul had his moment of glory in the duel of the fates. He cut down Qui-Gon. He was an excellent henchman with a good comeuppance.

At best, you could ask George to keep Maul around for II and III, but those already have Christopher Lee, Vader himself, the Emperor. All of whom have marquee value and deserve the focus.

Not saying Maul couldn't have fitted into those films, but he doesn't need to be in them. He fulfilled his function as a memorable baddie and that's fine. Even if he had been in them, he'd have eventually died anyway, because there wasn't going to be more films.

Letting him live and walk away only makes sense if George knew he'd be making another trilogy two decades later.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:36 am

I also blame the huge time leap between Episodes I and II. It just makes sense for the Findom Menace to be more self-contained than your usual Episode.

And remember when Disney tried to deliberately create their own Fett/Maul with this Phasma chick? Too bad they made her suck so hard it borders to misogyny.
But in a way they got their wish, since the only First Order Stormtrooper Cosplayer any meme cares about is that nameless dude with the oversized tonfa that shouts "TRAITOR!"
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette