Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:33 am

Now that you mention it, they all call him Palpatine but not Sidious. So do they even know he's a Sith Lord, or do they just think he was a shitty politician? If it's the latter she should be fine. Mussolini's grandchildren are all in politics and seem to be doing fine.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:59 am

Mussolini didn't blow up an entire planet, though.
You'd also think twice if the offspring of the most evil fucker ever is the most powerful force user ever.

Not that anyone really would know in this case. Palps not being dead up until recently and Rey being a force god offspring is something nobody knows.
Not to mention that you don't even need a last name in that universe. She got along fine without one before that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:34 am

Given that there's seemingly no Republic or Empire now("It's just... people!" lol), I'd be surprised if anybody knew anything about what other planets are doing.

If Disney had half a brain cell, they could start doing stories set in a post-Rise of Skywalker lawless Wild West version of the galaxy, where none of the planets want to be led by some grand overlord.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:36 am

Rushy wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:41 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:55 pm
I didn’t pick up on what some of the tech/abilities were supposed to be, like the blocky effect that occasionally happened when someone ran, one dude used it before getting domed. I guess the shouting and making a box shoot made sense. :lol:
The blocky effect represented an energy shield, but it was used sparingly because the energy summons the worms and drives them mad(can't remember if the film says that).

The sonic weapons aren't in the book as Kugel said, and are replaced by advanced martial arts.
Okay so that makes sense, and does Paul still have the dragon shout thing or was that also like the sonic weapons. The martial arts thing sounds cool.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:44 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:36 am
Okay so that makes sense, and does Paul still have the dragon shout thing or was that also like the sonic weapons. The martial arts thing sounds cool.
The Voice is a thing, but it's just next level hypnosis, not smashing open floors lol.

Herbert really liked the idea of seeing where human achievements could go without mechanical reliance, which is why you have people like Bene Gesserit who can control their voices and body to such an extent that they can easily manipulate others, Mentats whose mental capacity is equal to computers, Swordmasters and Sardaukar who are the ultimate military strategists and soldiers etc.

A huge chunk of the series is dedicated to retooling the human race's collective consciousness over thousands of years, with the aim to make them reject the desire to be led by dictators and think for themselves.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:04 am

Rushy wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:34 am
Given that there's seemingly no Republic or Empire now("It's just... people!" lol), I'd be surprised if anybody knew anything about what other planets are doing.

If Disney had half a brain cell, they could start doing stories set in a post-Rise of Skywalker lawless Wild West version of the galaxy, where none of the planets want to be led by some grand overlord.
Like I plan to do to your avatar, I'm totally stealing that for my fan fiction.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:57 am

Rushy wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:34 am

There's probably a framework for a semi decent trilogy there - or a good Clint Eastwood type movie.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:08 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:16 am
You can see that the Force is female because of Rey's superior self-taught lightsaber style, the Baseball Ball Swing.
Dafuq is she even doing in that first swing that causes her to lose balance?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:23 am
That shit wasn't in the books. The movie is a total dumpster fire.
Entertaining to a degree, but one of the most inaccurate translations to film I know of.
But you know what the movie has that a more accurate adapation in Current Year will never have? A soundtrack by motherfuckin' Toto.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:40 am

Stephane Picq > Toto
Rushy wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:41 am
The sonic weapons aren't in the book as Kugel said, and are replaced by advanced martial arts.
I clapped when Paul used the spindash.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:36 am

Dune has one of the most epic nonsense endings ever. "And how can this be? For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!" *Cue to the Toto's music* :lol:

When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.