Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:18 pm

I love both the lightsaber battles in the OT and prequals. Different styles for sure but we all know if the old films had the same tech they would do the same and not have the excuse of lucas for it being slower.

Basically in all the jedi knight games, KoToR and both the good and bad battlefronts the jedi and sith use the prequal styles and it fits imo.

edit: perhaps it also factors in I get a boner every time duel of the fate plays and that theme would not have fit with a slow mental fight.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:34 pm

The best part of the prequels is when George Lucas decided he was such big business now that he can just get Christopher Lee to be Darth Dracula in his movie.
And people say the prequels are humorless.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:46 pm

Prequel lightsaber fights are gay as shit. Especially the autism overload when Yoda or Palpatine fight and they do all those stupid CGI flips and corkscrews.
Is Spoony dead yet?

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:49 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:46 pm
Prequel lightsaber fights are gay as shit. Especially the autism overload when Yoda or Palpatine fight and they do all those stupid CGI flips and corkscrews.
Why is it such flawed logic to use the force to make oneself more agile in a life or death battle? It would be more dumb if they were regular swordfights since theyre force users not just fencers lol.

How else do you portray powers like force jump / force speed and the combination of the 2?

Just know you guys are a small minority, I have never EVER seen people say oh the new lightsaber fights are bad they needed to be in the old style. And even more never have I heard anyone say the lightsaber fighting in our games is not authentic, in fact everybody loves it and runs with it.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:51 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:49 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:46 pm
Why is it such flawed logic to use the force to make oneself more agile in a life or death battle? It would be more dumb if they were regular swordfights since theyre force users not just fencers lol.

How else do you portray powers like force jump / force speed and the combination of the 2?
Beacuse none of that actually applies. They're just doing shit that "looks cool" because Lucas is a faggot retard.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:58 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:51 pm
Beacuse none of that actually applies. They're just doing shit that "looks cool"
Literally all of Star Wars exists because "looks cool"
It's a kiddie space pew-pew lasers version of more adult stories made for general entertainment. There is literally no reason why "looks cool" is not a valid reason to have something in a movie called Star Wars.
Kugelfisch wrote:

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Rushy wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:58 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:51 pm
Beacuse none of that actually applies. They're just doing shit that "looks cool"
Literally all of Star Wars exists because "looks cool"
It's a kiddie space pew-pew lasers version of more adult stories made for general entertainment. There is literally no reason why "looks cool" is not a valid reason to have something in a movie called Star Wars.
"Literally"
"literally"

I swear faggots are drawn to this word like flies to shit.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:01 pm

lmao I just knew you'd say that as soon as I posted it
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:35 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:

For Yoda, that was just plain retarded. It completely undermines the whole point of the revelation that he's the Jedi master Luke was to set out to find to get trained by. It was to show that you don't have to be some melee fighter guy.
It's as if Buddha suddenly broke out into a Bruce Lee Kung Fu fight.
They could've kept it at raw force powers without giving him a tiny lightsaber. It should've been a battle where using a lightsaber would be futile. After all, the emperor never needed one either to keep Vader in check. Using lightsabers against each other should've been reserved for the guys that can't just fling around massive boulders or fire fucking lightning from their hands.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Just know you guys are a small minority, I have never EVER seen people say oh the new lightsaber fights are bad they needed to be in the old style. And even more never have I heard anyone say the lightsaber fighting in our games is not authentic, in fact everybody loves it and runs with it.
It's fine in some places. Like the first fight in EP1 we see on the trade ship against the droids.
It's when two light saber users fight where it starts to devolve into some faggy dancing instead of something more practical. Doesn't matter how forcy you are, a cartwheel in what is a swordfight just looks silly.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:37 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:34 pm
You mean that gay prancing ballet they did? Never was a fan of that.
Best thing about the OT fights was there were break in the action where in the characters would battle over philosophy and views. There was a TINY bit of that in Ep. 3 with Obi lamenting how he failed Anikan, and then they go right into "Yur evil!" "NO U!"
-The user formerly known as CIANigger