Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:09 pm

All the prequels are fucking trash.

Episode IV is good.
Episode V is good.
Episode VI is half of a good movie, mixed with some garbage.
Force Awakens is just a rehash of IV without most of the good shit from IV, so completely pointless.
Didn't see Rouge One: Makeup Wars but it sounded horrible and CGI Tarkin is hilarious.

Anyway, back to my first point that the majority of star wars films are garbage. So we may as well say the franchise is garbage, if we're going to base it off the track record of the films.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:00 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:17 am
Original Trilogy = Prequals (yes I said it)
Keep that shit on /tv/ where it belongs, we won't let you get away with such a dumb opinion on here.
Nothing dumb about it. The original starwars movies were very corny and dumb at times too. People who act like the prequals are completely different movies are insane. Theyre equally mediocre. Both have medium stories, poor acting and good character development. Prequals have cooler lightsaber shit while original trilogy has more spaceship stuff. EQUAL
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:55 pm

The prequels might've more lightsabers, but the original trilogy had much more intense fights. The prequel jockels are basically dancing with glowsticks.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:51 am
They may as well make Finn gay since he comes across like a massive homo anyway. You'd think a black guy in a movie would be a chance to revise the "cool black man" stereotype from the Lando days. Finn reminds me of Doge Walker's pet furry.
Man, Lando was so much cooler it's not even funny.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:56 pm

The only "good" prequel is TPM, because it wasn't digital and was made without fan bitching. And the final duel is still one of the best of the last several years.

Rogue One was thoroughly mediocre and unnecessary. Like The Farce Awakens, there isn't a single memorable character, scene, or action sequence; and who gives a fuck how the flaw in the Death Star came to be. I mean Jesus, remember when everyone hated the EU because it explained EVERY LITTLE THING in minute detail even if nobody wanted it? Disney is spending millions to do the same thing in move form.

I expect Han Solo: The Wonder Years to be another R1, except super feminist. (Baby Teeth from Game of Thrones will "teach" Han how to be badass before conveniently dying.)

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:56 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:13 pm
Nothing dumb about it. The original starwars movies were very corny and dumb at times too. People who act like the prequals are completely different movies are insane. Theyre equally mediocre. Both have medium stories, poor acting and good character development. Prequals have cooler lightsaber shit while original trilogy has more spaceship stuff. EQUAL
Very corny and dumb? They just didn't take themselves so awfully serious. Something they never were to me was boring, which is a sin especially Episode I is guilty of. It's the worst thing a movie can be.
Besides that, the world in the prequels just feels off and sterile. There's absolutely nothing charming about them. Character development is absolutely terrible in the prequels. They were supposed to be the ballad of Lord Vader and just ended up being a 101 on destroying an iconic character. I don't feel like he ever had a clear motivation and don't see how the upbeat kid became the whiny emo git. It just happens between the movies at some point.

The prequels are fucking awful. Them being completely unnecessary is just the cherry on top.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:06 am

If you dont get how Anakin was corrupted and influenced by emperor palpetine then yeah you are missing a huge part of what makes the prequals pretty decent. It was flawed at points but the emperor might be my favorite character for playing anakin like a fool.

He influenced anakin to make him believe in his own mind (i think from hallucinations from palpetine as well) that Padme would die so he went nuts to the darkside. In part because he felt held back by his mentor and the council so he felt the only way to get his full power to save her by going the other way. His change and motivations are explained, if you like it thats up to you but its in there.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:27 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:06 am
If you dont get how Anakin was corrupted and influenced by emperor palpetine then yeah you are missing a huge part of what makes the prequals pretty decent. It was flawed at points but the emperor might be my favorite character for playing anakin like a fool.

He influenced anakin to make him believe in his own mind (i think from hallucinations from palpetine as well) that Padme would die so he went nuts to the darkside. In part because he felt held back by his mentor and the council so he felt the only way to get his full power to save her by going the other way. His change and motivations are explained, if you like it thats up to you but its in there.
You're completely ignoring the shit execution of it. Anakin was acting like a bratty shit in episode 2, at the start of 3 he seemed like he was over his angst phase but out of no where he is a shit again. And palpetine's influence is retarded, "your wife might die, so join me in my evil plan to rule the galaxy and kill all of your jedi friends". Yeah that's normal and subtle.

In reality it was Lucas' autism on full display, like yours is right now. He takes the idea of doing anything for someone you love to a retarded extreme because he doesn't understand how people work. It's one thing to make a sacrifice for someone you care about, it's another to implement a fucking nazi regime over it killing way more people and literally slaughtering children just to save your wife from dying.

Seriously, if you found out your wife had cancer would you kill 12 children in cold blood to save her? Only a complete asshole would, his motivation makes no sense when you go that extreme over it. His turn feels rushed and forced because of it.

You /tv/ fucks need to realise that just because George was going for something good on paper, doesn't mean he did it well. We get it, you are eternally butthurt about Episode 7 being over hyped and your pissed RLM didn't shit on it, no need to pretend the videos Plinkett did are irrelevant.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:28 am

The worst part is that the movies just skip several years of his development. He's a whiny bitch in Episode 2, and in 3 he's become an asshole who thinks the Jedi Council are a bunch of big meanies and who immediately falls to the Dark Side because of night terrors.

At least in the Clone Wars cartoon you saw him develop anger issues, choking people when nobody was looking and going into full-on Punisher mode when Obi-Wan had to fake his death for a secret mission.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Im not ignoring anything, I was responding to him saying it wasnt in it. My post even says it was flawed.

"Seriously, if you found out your wife had cancer would you kill 12 children in cold blood to save her? Only a complete asshole would"

Uhm yeah some people would do anything to save their wife and kids, also Anakin IS a selfish weakminded asshole so I dont know why you are surprised there.

And I dont even know what you mean by "you tv fuck" I dont even watch tv lol.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:11 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:28 am

At least in the Clone Wars cartoon you saw him develop anger issues, choking people when nobody was looking and going into full-on Punisher mode when Obi-Wan had to fake his death for a secret mission.
Yeah it was not like Anakin was whining about being held back all the time right? And he never had anger issues when he went to those sand people right? You people just erase everything you know about those movies besides your hate in your head. pretty sad.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine