Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:33 am

Rushy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:45 am
At best, you could ask George to keep Maul around for II and III, but those already have Christopher Lee, Vader himself, the Emperor. All of whom have marquee value and deserve the focus.
Oh yeah, silly me. At best he'd only be around for two whole more movies. Totally unreasonable when you have literally unkillable Vader and Palpatine and fucking Saruman, who you'd just toss to the bin in a heartbeat.
It would be crazy if he instead kept a shit character everyone hated around for all three movies and think that character would be the "key to all of this", right?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:22 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:33 am
It would be crazy if he instead kept a shit character everyone hated around for all three movies and think that character would be the "key to all of this", right?
He clearly took that criticism aboard, though. Binks only has a few scenes. And giving Palps emergency powers is a pretty clever use of his stupidity as a plot point.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:29 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:33 am
Oh yeah, silly me. At best he'd only be around for two whole more movies. Totally unreasonable when you have literally unkillable Vader and Palpatine and fucking Saruman, who you'd just toss to the bin in a heartbeat.
To be fair, I'm influenced by the fact that I never gave two fucks about Maul as a kid.

I'm only working from the position that a sequel trilogy has to have some tie to the previous films to feel less tacked-on. Vader and Palpatine are both exhausted as characters. Dooku was decapitated, and a mere pawn. And fuck Thrawn.

Maul is a reasonable option because we know so little about him, you can write some bullshit excuse for why he survived, and he goes back to the first film. He's a convenient pick for a new main antagonist.
Last edited by Rushy on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:31 am

That being said, I'd probably have gone with Darth Plageuis instead.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:03 am

Nobody fucking cares about a Darth that was only mentioned like once in a boring scene.
Fans that constantly speculate about a potential appearance of Darth Plagueass are about as annoying as the fans that constantly speculate about a potential appearance of Mara Jade. Nobody working at Disney cares.
Rushy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:22 am
He clearly took that criticism aboard, though. Binks only has a few scenes. And giving Palps emergency powers is a pretty clever use of his stupidity as a plot point.
Stupidity? It's what Binks has been working towards the entire trilogy.
To be fair, I'm influenced by the fact that I never gave two fucks about Maul as a kid.
Your not fooling anyone. Dude looks like the Devil and wields a double-bladed lightsaber. Everyone thought he was cool af.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:36 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:03 am
Your not fooling anyone. Dude looks like the Devil and wields a double-bladed lightsaber. Everyone thought he was cool af.
He was no General Grievous. That dude had four lightsabers at once and spun them around like a fucking helicopter.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:43 pm

Rushy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:31 am
That being said, I'd probably have gone with Darth Plageuis instead.
An entire trilogy about the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise. Its not the kind of trilogy the Jedi would make.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:20 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:36 am
And remember when Disney tried to deliberately create their own Fett/Maul with this Phasma chick? Too bad they made her suck so hard it borders to misogyny.
How do you cast a 6ft woman as a henchmen fuck it up?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:04 pm

Disney finds a way.
Then again the alternative would've involved a white person beating the shit out of her former black quasi-slave :?
Rushy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:36 am
He was no General Grievous. That dude had four lightsabers at once and spun them around like a fucking helicopter.
Sure, he might be even cooler af, but he didn't show up until 6 years after Maul.
(Or 5 years if you count the 2D Clone Wars cartoon without Asshooker)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:23 am

Rushy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:22 am
He clearly took that criticism aboard, though.
Yeah, hindsight, as I said.
Rushy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:29 am
Fairness has nothing to do with it. Doesn't matter if you or I thought Maul was fucking awesome or just some goon. The broader fanbase thought so and it should've been easy to predict.
Yeah, Greavious was cooler and the idiot killed him off just the same.

I don't care about Star Wars. Never did. That's not at all what this is about. This is about Lucas creating awesome characters and killing them off immediately before they had their time and that he learned absolutely nothing from Boba Fett.

To go and do something with the character many years later isn't knowing what's up with trends. It's desperately trying to rectify a massive blunder that he'd repeat in the very same fucking project.

He gets zero credit for anything with Maul after the prequels. That's EU and he didn't write any of that.
Plus making Boba Fett the clonetrooper template was overcompensating and equally as retarded.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!