Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rapeculture

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Rapeculture » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:31 pm
It'll never be over
and it'll never stop being good
Agreed. Random example: The romance between Finn and Rose was far more interesting than the one between Leia and Han Solo in the original trilogy. Finn and Rose had more chemistry. My heart skipped a beat when they kissed. There was so much tension leading up to it, there were times in the theater when I was like, "Will you two just kiss already!?" And then finally they did. Awesome.

I would cite more examples but I've reached peak sarcasm levels and have to vomit.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:44 pm
Rushy wrote:
It'll never be over
Agreed. Random example: The romance between Finn and Rose was far more interesting than the one between Leia and Han Solo in the original trilogy. Finn and Rose had more chemistry. My heart skipped a beat when they kissed. There was so much tension leading up to it, there were times in the theater when I was like, "Will you two just kiss already!?" And then finally they did. Awesome.

I would cite more examples but I've reached peak sarcasm levels and have to vomit.
Random example: The lightsaber duel between Kylo Ren and Rey fucking pwns the one between Obi-Wan and Vader in the original movie.

Does this mean A New Hope sucks lol?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:46 pm

wtf am I on the alternate reality topic? Any time Rey held or did anything with a lightsaber it was laughable. She looks like its too heavy for her even though the prop probably hardly weighs anything. She cant swordfight at all, she cant do sword choreographed dances neither.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:48 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Rushy wrote:
It'll never be over

How about a tv series spinoff?

Married with children in space starring Finn and Asian Shrek and their brainless kids.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:00 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:42 pm
Rapeculture wrote:
Rushy wrote:
It'll never be over

Random example: The lightsaber duel between Kylo Ren and Rey fucking pwns the one between Obi-Wan and Vader in the original movie.

Does this mean A New Hope sucks lol?
You get a sense of history between Obi-Wan and Vader in a New Hope. There is clearly more going on in that scene than just two old farts hitting light sticks together. You can argue that the fight between Rey and Kylo is better because the choreography is better, but that doesn't mean I care more about the actual fight since Rey and Kylo are shit-tier characters that lack charisma or any sense of meaningful history between each other that could possibly make me care.

I think Red Letter Media actually covered this in their Phantom Menace review.
rabidtictac wrote:

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:02 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:48 pm
Rapeculture wrote:
Rushy wrote:
It'll never be over

How about a tv series spinoff?

Married with children in space starring Finn and Asian Shrek and their brainless kids.
Sounds legit. I'll watch, plus buy the Blu Rays and all merch.
rabidtictac wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:49 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:48 pm
But only if they'll get Chewie's family as neighbors. I want to know if Lumpawaroo has grown up to be gay or trans.
Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:37 am
Disney are cunts but the lesson is to never make fan anything ever. Unless your a nip and you're making pennies of your sex comics featuring other people's copyrights there's no reason to waste your time working for these shitty corporations for free publicizing their garbage entertainment products.
Doujinshi are the last bastion of creative freedom.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:38 pm

Are you talking about that fight in the last Jedi? It was so dumb and boring.
Somebody pointed it out why and it was obvious. Snoke was already dead. That sucked out all the motivation for them fighting those guards. It was all meaningless. There were no stakes. Nothing to be gained or lost.
It's basically akin to watching a couple kids play Star Wars with their Hasbro lightsabers.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:46 pm

The fight wasn't even well choreographed. They hid how sloppy it was by having lots of stuff happening on the screen really fast. There's shit like having to digitally remove a weapon so Rey didn't get slashed by it and a guard throwing his weapon away and before running in to get slashed.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:53 pm

We had this period in the 90s where people were bringing in Hong Kong stunt teams on American movies and it was great. What happened to that shit?

I know it still happens sometimes. My Japanese friend dragged me to see one of the Fast and the Furious movies and I had to admit the stuntwork was really, really good. It was done by a Hong Kong team.

WHY CAN'T STAR WARS DO THAT!? What they're doing now is absolute shit.
お前はもう死んでいる。