Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Rushy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:41 pm
Animals don't count.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:34 pm

Just finished Revenge. I have one major criticism, which is that Anakin's loss of faith in the Jedi was left far too vague - I understood that he wanted the power of the dark side to save Padme, but how he arrived at the conclusion that the Jedi were evil just seemed a bit nonsensical.

I mean, it started from him distrusting the Council, because they wanted him to spy on his friend and wouldn't give him the rank of Master. That makes sense. But when Palpatine is revealed to be the Sith Lord, he somehow still seems to be under the impression that the Jedi are betraying the Republic by turning against him?

Sure, he needs Palpatine to live and Windu WAS technically breaking the Jedi Code(very technically), but not only had Anakin done that himself like days earlier, Palpatine was an obvious threat. All the POWAHHH UNLIMITED POWAHHH should've made that clear.
So I feel like that part really needed a redraft.
Everything else clicked for me, though. It was much better paced than the previous prequels, probably, because this was the first to really be Star Wars - I realized watching the film that Episodes I and II are the only SW films that actually don't involve Star Wars. The Trade Federation conflict is just some trivial matter and the Separatists don't reveal their true colors until the very end of Attack Of The Clones.
The prequels spent way too much building up to the Clone Wars, and not enough time actually delving into that and building up to Palpatine's takeover of the Senate.

With that being said though, Revenge gets to the good stuff - lots of great action the characters are likable and there's tons of memorable moments and quotes. I wouldn't let its flaws and the stigma of the prequels distract you from a fundamentally fun experience here.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:32 am
Didn't one of the prequels have someone fighting with two differently colored lightsabers?
Yep.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:13 am

Windu's end was handled poorly. They wanted him to fight Palps to show how strong he was, but he came off like a murderous hypocrite. It would have been better to have him and Anakin fight for whatever reason.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:33 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:13 am
Windu's end was handled poorly. They wanted him to fight Palps to show how strong he was, but he came off like a murderous hypocrite. It would have been better to have him and Anakin fight for whatever reason.
He wasn't wrong though. Anyone who has the Force is clearly not unarmed. Unless they get their hands chopped off, I guess. But even without the lightning, Palpy still could've put up a hell of a fight if he wanted to, thrown glass shards around and shit. He is too dangerous to be kept alive.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:29 am

Guest wrote:
Windu's end was handled poorly.
What George wanted was even worse. He planned to have baby Boba Fett kill Mace Windu. Sam Jackson said Mace would not go out like a bitch and insisted it could only be Anakin or Palpatine to take him out.
Last edited by Liar Revealed on Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
お前はもう死んでいる。

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:47 am

Rushy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:33 am
He is too dangerous to be kept alive.
I don't know. I'm no expert on all the gay Star Wars universe politics but a high ranking member of the Jedi Council deciding unilaterally to execute the popular leader of the galactic senate never sat right with me, even with the benefit of hindsight. It was especially weak after the Jedi sat around fingering their butts with minimal urgency on the situation for 2.8 movies.
It wasn't even a necessary part of the story. They could have just stuck with the "arrest" line and had Anakin turn anyway considering that his motivation was saving his wife and not preserving strict judicial norms.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:43 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:29 am
Guest wrote:
Windu's end was handled poorly.
What George wanted was even worse. He planned to have baby Boba Fett to kill Mace Windu. Sam Jackson said Mace would not go out like a bitch and insisted it could only be Anakin or Palpatine to take him out.
I remember reading about that online back when the prequels were still being made. Jackson only agreed to the role if he could have a good death scene. He didn't, though. He basically had a Wilhelm Scream death.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:49 am

Revenge is terrible. The dialogue is nearly as stilted and shitty as Clone Wars. The only thing I enjoyed about Revenge was Palpatine's gleeful performance. He was blasting off in his pants during the entire opera scene. The action scenes in Revenge are overlong and lame. Then there's also the other dumb shit like "I killed younglings" and edgetard anakin generally being a retard.

If Windu wanted to murder Palpitations, he did it all wrong. He should have had an entire squad of assassins. Everyone in episode 3 is incompetent and stupid. Also it's pretty retarded that jedi couldn't detect the clone soldiers turning on them before it happened. They suddenly go from invincible supermen who can deflect a million billion lasers without being grazed to wimps who block 2-3 shots before a round burns through their skulls. Jedi are the Obsidian Order / Psi Cops of this universe. Their whole gimmick is feels and muh intuition, but not only can they not feel or intuit shit, but they can't even do investigative work.

The giant dragon car chase was beyond the pale levels of retardation.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:23 am

Billy Dee Williams says he's not "gender fluid" and doesn't even know what that means.

He also said that the Lando / Robot romance in Solo was stupid. He also doesn't seem to be a fan of the whole black victimhood mentality.