STD

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: STD

Post by Charlar » Fri May 19, 2017 9:10 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:05 pm
You're right, I confused him with Spock's mother. Now it makes even less sense.
Oh it's alright, i was calling bullshit on them. Say what you want about the people involved in making the TOS and TNG but they don't deserve that kind of bullshit in particular
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 19, 2017 10:14 pm

This looks like a dumpster fire. Jar Jar Ibrahims kinda hot garbage.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat May 20, 2017 12:13 am

I have a feeling it could be worse than JJ Star Trek
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 20, 2017 1:04 am

They've been ruining Star Trek ever since JJ. I thought the JJ movies were fucking horrible. I doubt this can be much worse, but it might come to around the same place.

Trek isn't quite as forever destroyed as Star Wars, because we'll always have the original series, certain TNG episodes and a bunch of DS9 that was good. But all the recent Trek has been awful and there's no reason to expect that to change.

It's a bit infuriating to see they've clearly kept the color scheme and lighting from the garbage JJ movies.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat May 20, 2017 5:11 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 1:04 am
They've been ruining Star Trek ever since JJ.
Longer than that mate. They've been ruining Trek since Voyager. One wonders why they even bothered to have their all-singing, all-dancing, all-virtue signalling Star Trek show when that was basically what Voyager was and it was shit
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 20, 2017 6:25 am

B-b-but Voyager only failed because it came out in the Dark Ages of Non-Progressiveness. Give it another chance, guiz!

(Meanwhile DS9 featured multiple black people, Asians, at least one Sudanese and an entire race of not-jews.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 20, 2017 12:35 pm

I love the comments from faggots under that trailer that "Star Trek was the original SJW show!". Proof that they have never watched TOS at all and completely missed the point of the latter Treks. The human society in Trek is egalitarian, not "let's have as many non-white, non-males as possible in charge".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Not to mention that at least the German dub made Kirk quite the womanizer / possible PuA.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 20, 2017 2:03 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 12:35 pm
I love the comments from faggots under that trailer that "Star Trek was the original SJW show!". Proof that they have never watched TOS at all and completely missed the point of the latter Treks. The human society in Trek is egalitarian, not "let's have as many non-white, non-males as possible in charge".
This. DS9 did a lot to challenge notions of utopian shitliberalism. Sure, sometimes Kira got away as the heroic underprivileged oppressed wombyn, but other times she was challenged and called out as the filthy terrorist scum she was. Her hypocrisy was often exposed when she came up against other people who were behaving the way she used to. :lol: "Oh I used to be a terrorist but I'm not anymore, but it was ok when I was doing it. You shouldn't be a terrorist though because it's not ok when you do it." :lol: The ending of Duet forced her to face her own savagery and make a different choice... Which was then rendered moot by another victimhood-loving Bajoran who did the same thing Kira had wanted to. "The Darkness and the Light" IIRC also has a plot about a cardassian terrorist killing Kira's asshole terrorist friends because they blew up civilians back in the day.

That's one example I can think of. But there are other things, like how Bashir's past reveals the tragic reality underneath the charming federation myth of perfect equality and unity. I didn't really like Bashir at all until that plot twist made him more interesting. Him being such a smug cunt made more sense after that. Characters like Quark and Garak are there primarily to underscore the difference between what the Federation says vs what it does. Garak especially, since Quark was used a lot for comedic relief. A lot of the characters on DS9 are not from the federation proper and do not have federation utopian values.

Not to mention, it's a fucking fantasy tv show about a society where material needs have been replaced by magic. I have no problem believing communism can kinda-sorta-but-not-really-but-kinda work in a magic utopia where physical needs are all met with magic.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

asdf

Post by asdf » Sat May 20, 2017 6:41 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 1:29 pm
Not to mention that at least the German dub made Kirk quite the womanizer / possible PuA.
Kirk was literally always a womanizer, though. There's a reason the joke is that he'd make out with a blue skinned woman and then double fist punch her.