STD

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: STD

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:50 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:36 am
Does this even have a fanbase? My impression was that they've renewed it more out of spite than any positive interest
Well maybe I should rephrase that. It has a viewership. People who watch because they feel like as Trekkies they have to keep up on the major Star Trek media regardless of whether they actually like it. Even that won't keep it going, but it'll definitely go longer than it would otherwise.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:22 pm

In the end it won't matter a single bit more than Enterprise. Ten years down the line nobody will even remember it. Not only is it uninteresting, it's also behind a paywall.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:22 pm
In the end it won't matter a single bit more than Enterprise. Ten years down the line nobody will even remember it. Not only is it uninteresting, it's also behind a paywall.
I think that STD will matter significantly less than Enterprise. Enterprise had a decent last two seasons and didn't completely rape canon during all of its story arcs. Just a couple of them.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Somewhere between Voyagers final episode and Star Trek Nemesis coming out is when Star Trek was finished for me. At that point the story had pretty much run out, there were no bad guys left to fight, both the gamma and delta quadrants were explored. Should have just ended it there.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:23 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:19 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:22 pm
I think that STD will matter significantly less than Enterprise. Enterprise had a decent last two seasons and didn't completely rape canon during all of its story arcs. Just a couple of them.
I'd be surprised if STD ever gets four seasons, yeah.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:19 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:23 pm
I'd be surprised if STD ever gets four seasons, yeah.
I wouldn't. It'll probably get four just out of spite. After all, what's four seasons of a television show just to prove a point?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:44 am

The question isn't if they'll renew it for four seasons out of spite, it's if anybody will even notice.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:52 am

It's not just regular TV, though. People can much more directly quit. They were really hoping STD to be a selling point for their pay TV crap.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:49 am

STD is all that platform has going for it. It's their flagship show. If they cancel it, they'd be admitting defeat.
Same reason UPN kept Enterprise around for so long.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:54 am

Not really STD related but MGM apparently has their own internet network and they're flagshit title was a shitty Stargate prequel.