STD

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: STD

Post by Guest » Fri May 04, 2018 12:03 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a Tarintino Trek film if it took place in the mirror universe/Terran Empire. That's the only way it could work though.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 04, 2018 11:02 am

Did you see a sign in my cargo bay saying "Dead Klingon storage"?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri May 04, 2018 5:27 pm

I'll take whatever the hell Tarantino is planning over STD and JJ Trek 4: Where no Woman Has Gone Before any day. It's impossible for it to be worse than the status quo.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 04, 2018 8:31 pm

I'll just take nothing instead. I don't need more Star Trek than there already is. Sometimes it's better to just stop.
That's the great think about something like Columbo. You absolutely can't replace Peter Falk. It's been tried and it never worked. I know I keep saying that Vincent D'Onofrio could pull off something approaching Columbo and he did in Criminal Intent but that's just that; it was a different show and should always be a different show.
What they are trying with Star Trek is make it different but they don't pull off anything that's actually working. It's just different for being different's sake.

It's tedious trying to explain what I mean by this rambling so I hope you know what I'm saying.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat May 05, 2018 9:43 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 5:27 pm
I'll take whatever the hell Tarantino is planning over STD and JJ Trek 4: Where no Woman Has Gone Before any day. It's impossible for it to be worse than the status quo.
That's what they said about both of those after Enterprise.

It can always get worse. At least the Terran Empire could be R-rated. Prime universe going over PG is just weird. Data saying 'Oh shit!' for the first time in 7 years level of weird. :|

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:27 am

Education advocate and Democrat activist Geordi LaForge technobabbles pseudoscience nonsense that could get people killed.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:43 am

Has he ever considered that his family is just prone to the beetus because they're niggers?

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:37 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:27 am
Education advocate and Democrat activist Geordi LaForge technobabbles pseudoscience nonsense that could get people killed.
At least the replies are almost all calling out his bullshit.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:16 pm

Did he got possessed by his dumb fandub version from the German classic "Sinnlos im Weltraum" or something? Diabetes is very well documented. We know what your body's missing, we know why that is, and we know how to get that stuff back into you. There aren't really gray areas where nature mumbo-jumbo could potentially help.

On a more positive Trek note: Does anyone remember the TNG episode "Darmok"? Was about a first contact situation with another spacefaring race with a very special snowflake language that trolled the universal translator something fierce (they spoke solely in allegories based on their mythology and history, meaning that the words could be translated just fine, but the resulting sentences where hard to grasp due to the missing context). I just remembered that one recently and started to muse about making up similar sentences based on the deep DHI lore.
SpoilerShow
  • Noah and April at Antwiler Manor.
  • DSP, when he tries.
  • My wife's son.
  • 5 Moves, 7 Tekkens.
  • Spoony, his health comes first.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:47 pm
It's more like JJ Abrams is constantly looking for new ways to be a virtue signalling twat.
Exactly. It's going to be a Bad Robot production and he's been loudly woke since directing TFA.

This is also means Alice Eve's big luscious titties probably won't be making a return since busty, hot and fapworthy are not qualities acceptable to SJWs.