Guilty pleasures

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Guilty pleasures

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:49 pm

A crossdressing Kurt Russel somehow fools a bouncer. A classic cop duo movie nonetheless.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:17 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:49 pm
A crossdressing Kurt Russel somehow fools a bouncer.
They didn't see through his clever disguise.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:21 pm

It is I, LeClerc!
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:43 pm

70s dinosaur prog-rock. I enjoy shit like Yes, Genesis, King Crimson. Van Der Graaf Generator. Gentle Giant.

No one I know likes this music. My wife hates it, too.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:36 pm

Progheads are a dying breed, mostly ancient hippies and musicians. I absolutely hated prog like Yes when I was younger, but with age have came to love it. Close to the Edge album is unmitigated brilliance from start to finish.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:10 pm

Im not really into music, why would anybody hate prog? What little of Yes and King Crimson I've listened to seemed more than fine.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:36 pm

I don't know what young music fans are like these days, but when I was a kid and getting into music (mid-1990s for me), prog-rock was considered an embarrassment. Punk was the greatest thing ever and prog was the domain of wankers. Long songs, guitar solos, drum solos, keyboard solos, concept albums. If the Ramones or the Pixies or Nirvana wouldn't do it, it was uncool.

I think there are a lot of huge prog bands who still aren't in the Rock 'n' Roll of Fame. Personally, I don't care about that at all, but every time the new inductees are announced, bigger prog nerds than me are always annoyed.

Like veris leta facies above, I didn't like prog for awhile, but it grew on me with time. Now that I'm an old fuck, I'm more patient. I don't need every song to kick my ass in three minutes. These days, I like to just turn off the lights and sit and listen and prog is great for that.

And, yes, I love "Close to the Edge"!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:49 pm

Well honestly I don't really like some of the music now. You got mumble rappers, near exact instrumentals, that gay ass "cowboy" song, and whenever some women rap it's like hearing Amy Schumer rap, like about their pussy being juicy I mean come on.

But me? I like to listen to Gorillaz (as old as am), orchestral music and/or stock music found in shows like It's Always Sunny and Ren and Stimpy, ze black people like Kanye before he went insane, 2pac and Biggie, Snoop, MJ, Eminem (?), some Led Zeppelin, Focus (Hocus Pocus is the best), and I have a lot more I listen to.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:03 pm

I wouldn't ever say I was a music fan. After years of only listening to animu songs and vidya music I tried branching out into "real" music by torrenting a David Bowie discography because I liked The Labyrinth as a kid, just like a certain wall painter.
I have a thing for faggy Brit acts I guess, like Japan (with David Sylvian) and Hi-NRG disco garbage like Dead or Alive. I must be gayer than Linkara, and I've sucked as many dicks as him (0).

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:15 pm

That's unbelievable!
SpoilerShow
Linkara not sucking cock? Unreal.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.