Guilty pleasures

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Guilty pleasures

Post by Rushy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:17 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:35 am
I like watching cooking shows.
If Gordon Ramsay's in it, it's probably worth watching.

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:06 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:07 pm
Insane Clown Posse
I love their song with ODB. It's just so hilariously over the top

Apparently the song was going to be completely different but ODB did his recording for it and he was just rambling about bitches. So they took it and that's what they did with it
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:57 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:39 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am
Every Highlander after the first one is objectively total garbage but most are kino. Can't blame them either.
Imagine some studio fucker is coming up to you and tasks you to write Highlander 2. What? Highlander 2? There can only be one, right? At the end of Highlander, there was only one. How the fuck could you possibly write something plausible?
I mean, it's much, much worse than Terminator. With time travel you can basically do whatever. Typical time paradox reasoning of "you can't actually prevent Skynet because it exists in the future so whatever happens now is just what will lead to Skynet being a thing in the future". Do whatever because who's to say that's not how time travel works, right?

But dudes decapitating each other until only one is left and the movie ending with only one left? Fuck it! Just write something goofy in there. Hell, hire the most well-known Scottish actor ever for something called Highlander and fucking make him a Spaniard. Nah, don't bother with an accent either. Fuck it! :lol:
An egyptian spaniard no less.
Correction: an Egyptian Spaniard from the Planet Zeist.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:18 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am
Imagine some studio fucker is coming up to you and tasks you to write Highlander 2. What? Highlander 2? There can only be one, right? At the end of Highlander, there was only one. How the fuck could you possibly write something plausible?
The correct answer is: a prequel. MacLeod is hundreds of years old and they could have explored another adventure in his past.

But I must admit that Highlander 2 is one of my guilty pleasures, too. I don't know why. It's like the complete opposite of what should have been done for a sequel and that's why it's so entertaining. The actors seem to be giving it 100% despite how dumb the script is.

"Shithead? What's a shithead?"
お前はもう死んでいる。

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:39 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:06 am
Apparently the song was going to be completely different but ODB did his recording for it and he was just rambling about bitches. So they took it and that's what they did with it
Yep, they paid him a bunch of money and he just gave them a track screaming about Bitches and they had to write a song around it. ODB was a legend :lol:

ICP is teenage edgelord tryhard crap, but fuck if The Great Milenko and The Amazing Jeckel Brothers aren't fun as hell. I still listen to them both start to finish. Great shit.

I didn't know until just recently that Slash did guitar for Halls of Illusions.

Is Spoony dead yet?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:19 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:39 am
ICP is teenage edgelord tryhard crap
Can confirm, I was one of them.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:58 pm

mad bum wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:19 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:39 am
ICP is teenage edgelord tryhard crap
Can confirm, I was one of them.
Yet more proof yur Ohio
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:34 pm

Hm...I never really think about music I listen to as a guilty pleasure. People are surprised that I listen to Hardcore, sure. Most would think I was a Metalhead and that's somewhat true. But they are especially surprised about my other favourite genre being extreme electronica because that and Metal don't really go together for most people.
Thing is, I don't feel guilty about it. I know it's blunt and somewhat daft music. I know it's peak obnoxious and that the usual crowd, ravers, are faggots that I can't stand. But that really doesn't matter to me.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:58 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:34 pm
Hm...I never really think about music I listen to as a guilty pleasure. People are surprised that I listen to Hardcore, sure. Most would think I was a Metalhead and that's somewhat true. But they are especially surprised about my other favourite genre being extreme electronica because that and Metal don't really go together for most people.
Thing is, I don't feel guilty about it. I know it's blunt and somewhat daft music. I know it's peak obnoxious and that the usual crowd, ravers, are faggots that I can't stand. But that really doesn't matter to me.
From what I can tell, a LOT of synthwave artists in the last 5-7 years are metal musicians that couldn't hack it in a band so they went and made their own music with black jack and hookers.

Pokemon is a guilty pleasure. There's enough cool mons in the newer games for me to give them a chance. Gen 7, exactly like you guys said, is piss easy....wtf.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:25 am

CIANigger wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:58 pm
From what I can tell, a LOT of synthwave artists in the last 5-7 years are metal musicians that couldn't hack it in a band so they went and made their own music with black jack and hookers.
Yeah but Synthwave is still very melodic so it's not that odd to hear. Wave anything isn't quite this:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!