The Metal thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: The Metal thread

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:00 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:50 pm
That's a nice gif. Shame you couldn't post that on Facebook where frogposting belongs.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:46 pm

Nobody posts on fagbook anymore. Not even normalniggers.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:46 pm
Sounds like you should start.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:47 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sounds like you should start.
I'm not planning to shoot up a place, though.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:56 pm

Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

Once again I tried to get into this album, but I just can't. It's really a total mystery to me why this is considered such a masterpiece by Maiden fans. Most of the songs are far too long and have severe structural imbalances. It's like they are trying to be proggy beyond their musical limits. Riffs are weak and they sound at best like something from b-sides of singles from Maidens golden era. Like the main riff of Speed of Light, which is supposed to be a main single from this album... And the lyrics.. did they made them with some nonsense generator?

Shadows in the stars
We will not return
Humanity won't save us
At the speed of light

I fail to see any connection or continuity in these 4 sentences. Return from where? Who's "we"? Humanity won't save us at the speed of light? Does humanity save us at some other speed? WTF?

And the names of the songs.. The Red and the Black, When the River Runs Deep, Shadows of the Valley, Tears of a Clown.. what a shit names. And "The Man of Sorrows", really? Again? Bruce should've sticked with his solo career. Chemical Wedding and Accident of Birth were vastly superior to anything Maiden have done since. Especially this album.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

ban

Post by ban » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:13 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:47 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:56 pm
Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

Once again I tried to get into this album, but I just can't. It's really a total mystery to me why this is considered such a masterpiece by Maiden fans. Most of the songs are far too long and have severe structural imbalances. It's like they are trying to be proggy beyond their musical limits. Riffs are weak and they sound at best like something from b-sides of singles from Maidens golden era. Like the main riff of Speed of Light, which is supposed to be a main single from this album... And the lyrics.. did they made them with some nonsense generator?

Shadows in the stars
We will not return
Humanity won't save us
At the speed of light

I fail to see any connection or continuity in these 4 sentences. Return from where? Who's "we"? Humanity won't save us at the speed of light? Does humanity save us at some other speed? WTF?

And the names of the songs.. The Red and the Black, When the River Runs Deep, Shadows of the Valley, Tears of a Clown.. what a shit names. And "The Man of Sorrows", really? Again? Bruce should've sticked with his solo career. Chemical Wedding and Accident of Birth were vastly superior to anything Maiden have done since. Especially this album.
Fair assessment.

I think the album is great overall but I know exactly what you're talking about the songs going too long or trying to sound proggy beyond their limits.

I think their main issues with this album were their insistence on recording it without a click track and the fact that their writing process this time involved the whole band, not just Steve and Bruce, they sacrificed that final say for an "everybody's included" approach.

The proggy parts would sound amazing if everyone was playing to the same beat, not just off each other, which is what they did. They stated they wanted the album to feel organic, bit it's too organic, and I'm willing to bet they didn't have a tech on hand to tune all their shit the exact same, or they had a shit tech and should sue.

I know those songs are good because LIVE they sounded great when I saw them, what a great show, but the recording process for this album was completely inconsistent and none of the excess was trimmed during the mixing process, and not enough retakes were done.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:46 pm

Reminds me of those dipshits who twist "again" around to try and make it rhyme with rain and other incompatible lyrics.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:56 pm

I seemed to move away from metal when i graduated from high school. I found the punk scene after I moved to Toronto and stuck with that. I do love crossover like D.R.I and Exploited, though.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:53 pm

I just discovered Hair Nation on siriousxm and holy shit every song was amazing! Then MotleyCrue came on ruined it. Fuck off you faggots. Only good thing they did was the instrumental of Dr. Feelgood, because of Highlander 3.