The Metal thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Pope Corky III

The Metal thread

Post by Pope Corky III » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:56 am

Favorites: Judas Priest, Motorhead, High On Fire, Blind Guardian, Overkill, Megadeth, Immortal, Deicide, Carcass, Bathory, Iron Maiden

I'm wondering when Kevin Shirley is gonna find his balls that he lost during the making of Counterparts and tell Steve Harris to fuck off with the X-Factor rewrites.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: The Metal thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:05 pm

Is there anybody into metal that doesn't like Motörhead?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:05 pm
Pussies.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:34 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:06 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:05 pm
Pussies.
That's no true, Razorfist is a pussy but he likes Motörhead.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:58 am

So he claims.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:42 am

Can we NOT talk about him in this thread, please? Besides I feel like I could list every insult of tasteless plebian that doesn't listen to Motorhead and they would all still apply to him.

Can we all admit that Anvil always has been and always will a terrible band? I can think of 15, if not 50 bands that deserved that documentary and fame more than they did (and probably would have put the momentum to better use).
da PAC Nigguh wrote:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:22 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:42 am

Can we all admit that Anvil always has been and always will a terrible band? I can think of 15, if not 50 bands that deserved that documentary and fame more than they did (and probably would have put the momentum to better use).
But some of their songs like Metal on Metal sound like Spinal Tap. The whole "Spinal Tap in real life" thing was the appeal of the documentary, it wouldn't have been successful otherwise.

You know a band from around that time that actually needed it? Riot, thank fuck for Brutal Legend helping out a bit, their songs are fucking amazing and all I can think of while listening is HOW DID THEY NOT MAKE IT? It makes no sense, the singer was perfectly fine which usually kills many great bands, the songs were radio length and catchy with memorable hooks.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:37 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:22 am
You know a band from around that time that actually needed it? Riot, thank fuck for Brutal Legend helping out a bit, their songs are fucking amazing and all I can think of while listening is HOW DID THEY NOT MAKE IT? It makes no sense, the singer was perfectly fine which usually kills many great bands, the songs were radio length and catchy with memorable hooks.
This is why.
http://www.metal-archives.com/images/3/ ... 0.jpg?1815

Furries would run away screaming from that album cover. It's a shame too because that album rules. And from what I hear Thundersteel was even better.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:47 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Can we NOT talk about him in this thread, please?
Absolutely.
My favourite bands are Bolt Thrower, Slayer, Judas Priest, Hail of Bullets, Kreator, Sodom, Exodus and Motörhead.
There are other bands I like, even including some "Metalcore" bands like Neaera, Maroon or Heaven Shall Burn but that's neither here nor there since depending on the album you could call most of them Metalcore, Deathcore or just plain Death Metal.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:52 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:47 am
Pope Corky III wrote:
Can we NOT talk about him in this thread, please?
Absolutely.
My favourite bands are Bolt Thrower, Slayer, Judas Priest, Hail of Bullets, Kreator, Sodom, Exodus and Motörhead.
There are other bands I like, even including some "Metalcore" bands like Neaera, Maroon or Heaven Shall Burn but that's neither here nor there since depending on the album you could call most of them Metalcore, Deathcore or just plain Death Metal.
Calling Heaven Shall Burn death metal would trigger a sperg in me so autistic Chris Chan would seem normal.

With Hail of Bullets, I'm assuming you're a fan of Martin Van Druren in general and are also familiar with Pestilence?
da PAC Nigguh wrote: