Is anyone here a musician???

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
BloodKnightDollfie

Is anyone here a musician???

Post by BloodKnightDollfie » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:06 pm

I have been thinking about it as a way to impress Lee. I don't really have any musical experience. Which is strange because, Just between us DHI, I actually was involved in the industry a decade ago shilling boutique musical equipment for a very talented (and troubled) artist john Schumann who became a cult figure of sorts but everything fell apart. It feels like another universe but before things imploded I was on all the forums (The Gear Page, Harmony Central, I love fuzz, even Australian sites etc) selling boutique effects pedals/amps/guitars and running damage control for the company as he ran further and further behind on orders until things collapsed. Very spoony-esque now that I think about it. I don't know why I always end up in this position. I realize how sad it is my antics have not changed in over a decade. I actually did receive a great deal of infamy for this and may actually still be being hunted. Complete disaster T_T

Other than that, I did play in a few bands (again decades ago), but I never really learned anything. I was carried. They would just hand me a guitar or bass and show me what strings to pluck and just look pretty. I don't think I ever learned to read music, maybe I did. I remember guitar pro and tabs and stuff. I know for certain I can't play guitar anymore (or any analog instrument really), my body was frozen very badly in an incident to the extent I have a great deal of stiffness in my hands and feet that would seriously impede my playing. My arsenal of rare guitars and effects pedals was lost when my parents sold/and threw them away while I was in another country. These are also painful memories. Again this was many years ago but still hurts T_T

Just recently I asked some high level Kigus to make a band and carry me, but they are all really eccentric, very busy with other projects and wanting to do stuff like make their own custom instruments and program all the equipment with their "own algorithms for navigating through sound space". Maybe if I can make something convincing I can get them on board but the impression I got was they wanted to use it to showcase their inventions and were not really interested in money or fame. T_T

Is it hard to make music? My hearing and sense of time is also heavily distorted. I am effectively tone deaf. Although my guitar collection was lost I do have a great deal of music creation apps I accumulated for experimentation and sound editing videos. Various DAWS, I have a Teenage Engineering, lots of gimmicky music stuff like Korg m01d/DSN/Gadget on my nintendo. I don't think it would be too hard. My hope is technology is at a point with autotune and like being able to be locked into a key that you don't really need too much musical talent to make music.

tl;dr I don't really have any other way I can think of gaining attention and fame enough to claim Lee. Kigu snack time is not cutting it. I'm not entirely useless, I can use divination, star charts, hypnosis and various other methods of channeling music and words that may at least be intriguing enough to fake being a musician and carve out a small niche. I just need someone for feedback, fine tuning and stuff since I'm a complete amateur. sense make? Kigus are supposed to be good at music. Look it up, stage play is historically one of our primary functions. I would sell my soul just for the chance to be a IN in this way. Please say you'll help ;c
"^NOT A KIGURUMI!" - DHI

wulfenlord

Re: Is anyone here a musician???

Post by wulfenlord » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:54 pm

Dont confuse Kabuki with autistic trannies :3
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:22 pm

The first way to impress Lee is to make less shitposts here.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:37 pm

I was on the fringe of the "grunge" scene in the early '90s. I did video for a lot of shows. They were so loud and I think that may have caused my tinnitus. I say grunge in quotes because that seems to be an exonym-- I never heard anyone in the scene use that term. They would call themselves "punk" or sometimes "alternative".

The odd thing is, I wasn't really into that music and was mostly oblivious. I remember some guy in college saying, "Holy shit, you know the guys from KARP!?" And I was like, "Yes...?" The only band I met that I remember being treated with reverence was Sky Cries Mary. They were really nice guys, but they were in the middle of shooting a totally legit professional music video. I was kind of intimidated by it all, shooting our interview on my shitty camcorder.
お前はもう死んでいる。

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:41 pm

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:10 pm

You guys are so fucking old.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:56 pm

RedLine wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:10 pm
I was just a kid then, still in school.
But yeah, I guess it was a long time ago now.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:15 pm

RedLine wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:10 pm
You are too much of an youngling, get the hell out of my lawn.

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:37 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:22 pm
The first way to impress Lee is to make less shitposts here.
You should work on impressing Lee.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
I assume the big crossover here is autism.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:29 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:37 pm
They were really nice guys
And now they are probably boomers with TDS who would scream nazi at you.

To answer the question of the thread, i used to play drums, mostly self thought, but eventually my interest in music waned and came the realization that there are too many shitty bands around anyway.
Some friends of mine at that time went on to play professionally, and their schedule, salary and working conditions were way worse than a regular 9 to 5 job.