AIs and Robots: Countdown to the Butlerian Jihad

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: AIs and Robots: Countdown to the Butlerian Jihad

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:54 pm

Unfortunately I'm just too old to live the dream of the robo waifu as foretold by the mangaka prophets.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:57 pm

Just hold out until you can get a sexy robot body.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:59 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:25 pm
"Yet all we hear about is this male loneliness epidemic and not a peep about women and how they're doing are they lonely too? we wouldn't know it from the media"
Do they seriously want the media to put a spotlight on women who marry themselves like Anita Sarkeesian?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 pm

Of course. Any spotlight on men is a spotlight that is not on women.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:07 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:22 pm
The idea of an "AI girlfriend" is depressing to me
It's not as depressing as a real girlfriend.
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:22 pm
>Oh my GOD just talk to actual women, we’re all horny and unhappy too you’re not special you fucking weirdos
I don't like bitches who talk like that. I don't like bitches with an attitude. GTFO.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:54 pm
Unfortunately I'm just too old to live the dream of the robo waifu as foretold by the mangaka prophets.
Marrying a robot was one of my childhood dreams. One of many that was crushed by growing up.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 am

"We're lonely, too. The men who are lonely are just shitty people who need to work on themselves. The women who are lonely are lonely because there are no good men out there". That's my summary of a lot of women's reaction to this. They see anything that addresses men's suffering as dismissive of women's suffering. There is no "Male Loneliness Epidemic", there's just a "Male Immaturity Epidemic", as they see it, and there's nothing deeper to it than that.

Every now and then a guy will reply with something like "An AI Girlfriend at least isn't going to try to ruin my life by saying that I raped her if things don't work out" and it gets no attention.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:37 pm

Curious. The "no good women" are worth loving too just the way they are, the "no good men" are assholes and should be completely ignored unless they try very to change their ways (and even then, nobody owes you anything, incel).

Why aren't (some) men willing to play this rigged game? It's a complete mystery.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:39 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 am
"We're lonely, too. The men who are lonely are just shitty people who need to work on themselves. The women who are lonely are lonely because there are no good men out there". That's my summary of a lot of women's reaction to this. They see anything that addresses men's suffering as dismissive of women's suffering. There is no "Male Loneliness Epidemic", there's just a "Male Immaturity Epidemic", as they see it, and there's nothing deeper to it than that.

Every now and then a guy will reply with something like "An AI Girlfriend at least isn't going to try to ruin my life by saying that I raped her if things don't work out" and it gets no attention.
Perfect post.

There are lonely men and there are lonely women. The two are usually lonely in different ways, with different opinions of their own worth and different standards for what kind of person they want to be with. I won't say there aren't men out there with unrealistic standards. Of course there are. But how many articles have been written about women on dating websites? And women with matchmakers who say they can't find ANYONE for these women, because the women only want to date the top 1%tile who isn't interested in them?

I've long said that the lonely cat ladies and the incels should get together. :lol: But I think the strongest opposition to that notion would come from the ladies' side. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 pm

I think this picture speaks for itself:
women exposedShow
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:41 pm

Oh, that beautiful normal distribution. Men truly are the only gender capable of creating beauty.