Video game music

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
AdorableOtter

Re: Video game music

Post by AdorableOtter » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:21 pm

Early Taito games had absolutely the best soundtracks by far but also the absolutely retarded arcade difficulty which penetrate you. They had to re-use those tracks for something beatable, like they did with ninja warriors.

Last edited by AdorableOtter on Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:18 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:21 pm
but also the absolutely retarded arcade difficulty
Par for the course for coin-guzzling machines as intended.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:28 pm

Too bad the game is very short. I beat it on medium at the third try.

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:24 pm

Frickin' genius Jonathan Dunn, man. We just needed some bleep bloops for a licensed shooter, not some epic heartbreak hymn!

Could've picked the C64 or Spectrum version, but somehow I feel getting such tunes out of the meagre Gameboy is an accomplishment in itself (+of course there's 'ELLO YEW! in the comments, as Fat Larry is wont to do).

Normally I'd delve into the developers history, but those bloody brits from Ocean are more incestuous than the Royals - last I checked, they, among countless others, got to be bitches of Infogrames/Atari, and last thing I checked was that all their IPs are now held by Bandai/Namco.

Dunn is currently programmer for the slovenians that developed Mordhau, though he stopped making video game music with the SNES era (his latest memorable pieces are with Jurassic Park and Addams Family).
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow