Video game music

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
wulfenlord

Re: Video game music

Post by wulfenlord » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:19 pm

Mah Boi Motoi Sakuraba captivated me once again. Coming from the utter disappointment that is Tales of Arise I chose to catch up on Vesperia. After enjoying Zestiria/Berseria, but not finding the soundtrack very memorable, this piece of music was the first in a long time where I refused to leave the town for story progression, but left the game running.

This theme represents the story of said town you encounter it in extremely well
SpoilerShow
The coastal settlement of Yormgen exists only in a time bubble you are shipwrecked into, awaiting a delivery of this Tales' mana crystals to put up a protective barrier against monsters, which other cities already own. Since the normal flow of time has already progressed several hundred years, when you visit again in the regular timeline, you only find ruins in the desert. Although the party "delivered" the crystal, since the past can't be mended retro-actively, the towns fate remains :cry:
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:01 pm

Replace Rita with any other mage from the series and Vesperia has an all star cast like Berseria.

(Well, maybe don't replace her with Jade, since Yuri has a similar personality anyway, and you'd have snark overkill)

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:26 pm

wulfenlord wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:19 pm
SpoilerShow
The coastal settlement of Yormgen exists only in a time bubble you are shipwrecked into, awaiting a delivery of this Tales' mana crystals to put up a protective barrier against monsters, which other cities already own. Since the normal flow of time has already progressed several hundred years, when you visit again in the regular timeline, you only find ruins in the desert. Although the party "delivered" the crystal, since the past can't be mended retro-actively, the towns fate remains :cry:
Did any former Quintet writers work on this? This sounds like something straight out of Illusion of Gaia/Time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:07 am

I was getting similar vibes, but more along the musical themes of Terranigma's starting village. But comparing the credits, no matches.

At least Quintet's composer is fighting the good fight, urging Squeenix overlords for remakes.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:56 am

>Illusion of Gaia
I'm sure they won't censor that scene where you set a guy on fucking fire and watch him die.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:28 pm

Does he yell for a free Palestine?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:44 pm

He was mostly interested in an ancient biomechanical comet that is holding civilization back, so I think he was more of a Zionist.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:27 am

Biomechanicals holding civilisation back sounds more like pro-slavery. Totally detrimental to progress. We should only bring it back for teh lulz. I know a certain buck that would build his own breaking barn in mere minutes.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:32 am

The issue with slavery was that we made slaves an integral part of our economy and industry, instead of putting them into freak shows or gladiatorial arenas.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:26 am

Zuntata are the best.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome