Release the Garbage Cut

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Release the Garbage Cut

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:06 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:04 pm
Ang Lee's Hulk, which had 70% of the comic book transitions removed because the studio had a bitch fit.

Hard Target, but only the good stuff. The work print has a gay love scene that shows Van Damme's ass, and Lance Hendrickson's death is lamer.
I hated those comic book transitions. When a book is based on a novel, they don't constantly show pages in a book flipping. It's retarded.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:14 pm

Maybe it's because comics are more of a visual medium compared to books.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:04 pm
Ang Lee's Hulk, which had 70% of the comic book transitions removed because the studio had a bitch fit.

Hard Target, but only the good stuff. The work print has a gay love scene that shows Van Damme's ass, and Lance Hendrickson's death is lamer.
I hated those comic book transitions. When a book is based on a novel, they don't constantly show pages in a book flipping. It's retarded.
I hated those cuckmic book transitions from that "Ultimate Edition" cut of The Warriors I saw without knowing better.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:57 am

I would actually like to see the director's cut of Birds of Prey, before they cut out the gay shit and brought in a guy to reshoot all the action scenes, since the director won't stop pretending she made a masterpiece that was destroyed by FUCKING WHITE MALES.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:16 am

This is the reason why I never wanted the Snyder Cut to be released. Not because of Snyder himself but because every dip shit director under the sun thinking their movie was great without the studio minimizing their dumb shit begging to get their own cut. Yes. Sometimes studio input is a bad thing. But sometimes they need to step in and stop the stupidity. The studio can't all hands off. Ironically, Kathleen did both in her tenure. Put her nose in Solo, Rise of Skywalker, Rogue 1 and such. But was all hands off with her cuck friend Rian Johnson and we saw how much of a shit show The Last Jedi was.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:40 pm

I think it's a good trend. Either the director's cut turns out to be superior and we get a good movie out of it, or the cut sucks and we can laugh at how shitty the director is.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:50 pm

I want it to crash hard just so this trend never takes off. Hollywood already makes too much money without recycling the same movie every few years with a different permutation of scenes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:15 pm

It's a bit of a catch 22. On the one hand, there are plenty of films out there that got legitimately fucked by Hollywood and it would be nice to see them get director's cuts. On the other hand, hacks like Trank and the Asian chick who directed that shitty Harley Quinn flick will get Hollywood to waste even more money on their fundamentally awful films. If it means films like Wes Craven's Cursed finally get proper cuts, then I'm all for the Snyder cut leading to a wave of films getting director's cuts, but if this only leads to garbage like Josh Trank's Fantastic Four getting director's cuts, then it'll be a waste of money and could lead to Hollywood becoming hesitant about doing director's cuts.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:42 pm

I want Hollywood to waste tons of money but I don't want them to get it back.
Cuckara wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:15 pm
It's a bit of a catch 22. On the one hand, there are plenty of films out there that got legitimately fucked by Hollywood and it would be nice to see them get director's cuts. On the other hand, hacks like Trank and the Asian chick who directed that shitty Harley Quinn flick will get Hollywood to waste even more money on their fundamentally awful films. If it means films like Wes Craven's Cursed finally get proper cuts, then I'm all for the Snyder cut leading to a wave of films getting director's cuts, but if this only leads to garbage like Josh Trank's Fantastic Four getting director's cuts, then it'll be a waste of money and could lead to Hollywood becoming hesitant about doing director's cuts.
Good flicks shit on by studios with salvageable cut footage won't even by considered for rerelease. Enjoy new capeshit cuts forever.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:03 pm

If I were a director and didn't have the clout to demand final cut, I'd at least put it in my contract that they must allow me my own director's cut when it comes out on Blu-ray.

I'd also like to see older movies get director's cuts, but the older the movie is, the more unlikely that is to happen.
お前はもう死んでいる。