Release the Garbage Cut

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Release the Garbage Cut

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:07 am

It looks like a melodramatic cgi shart, but better than anything Whedon has ever made.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:41 am

>being impressed by trailers
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:54 am

Since Warner created a fancy division for this (WarnerMax), I'm guessing this is just the first movie to get this treatment. I have a feeling we'll see the Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad before the next movie gets here. Not sure about Harley Quinn since the reshoots actually improved that piece of shit.

How many movies have been improved by director's cuts in the history of cinema? One or two? Kingdom of Heaven gets bandied about a lot, but other than one single line (about Balian being an engineer and war veteran) it's just a bunch of extra scenes to pad out the runtime. Troy had a lot of cool stuff like extra nudity, violence, and action, but the director fucked it all up by replacing the score with the shittiest most generic "epic" music imaginable.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:15 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:54 am
Since Warner created a fancy division for this (WarnerMax), I'm guessing this is just the first movie to get this treatment. I have a feeling we'll see the Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad before the next movie gets here. Not sure about Harley Quinn since the reshoots actually improved that piece of shit.

How many movies have been improved by director's cuts in the history of cinema? One or two? Kingdom of Heaven gets bandied about a lot, but other than one single line (about Balian being an engineer and war veteran) it's just a bunch of extra scenes to pad out the runtime. Troy had a lot of cool stuff like extra nudity, violence, and action, but the director fucked it all up by replacing the score with the shittiest most generic "epic" music imaginable.
Blade Runner (I know that the unicorn scene is divisive and some people really like Harrison Ford's clunky narration, but I think everyone would firmly agree that the film's original ending is better than the happy ending that the studio put in the theatrical cuts)

Once Upon a Time in America (well, the director's cut was theatrically released in Europe, but America got a really shitty cut that was done without Leone's involvement)

Alien 3 (technically, Fincher refuses to do an official director's cut, so what we got is the assembly cut that he slapped together before the producers took the film away from him, but the assembly cut is significantly better than the theatrical cut)

Heaven's Gate (although it should be mentioned that Cimino was wildly excessive and his overspending killed United Artists. I'm all for a director being given creative control, but Cimino really abused his power, so I don't blame the studio for putting together a cut of the film that they thought would be more commercially successful)

As for Kingdom of Heaven, I saw the director's cut and thought it was a fine film, but I can't confidently argue that the director's cut is significantly better since I haven't seen the theatrical cut. Anyway, most director's cuts are usually just slightly lengthening or shortening a film, so it's rare for a director's cut to be substantially different/better than the theatrical cut. Still, I'm all for director's cuts, although I think giving a hack like Snyder tens of millions of dollars to make his own cut of Justice League is a ridiculous waste of money. The Ayer cut of Suicide Squad will also be unnecessary, although that one might not be too expensive to produce since Ayer wouldn't have to reshoot anything.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:24 pm

The Donner cut of Superman II is better than the original

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:17 pm

I can think of so many directors cuts that I enjoyed. Alien, Aliens, Robocop, The Abyss, Terminator 2, Star Treks 1,2,&6

I think the bad director's cuts would be a shorter list. Namely the Star Wars Special Editions.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:26 am

All those are terrible. Daredevil DC is terrible. They're all terrible. "Ooh, they removed a voice over in this one!" Jesus, dude, it's still terrible.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:44 pm

>hurr durr they all suck
You /tv/ fags are the laziest trolls. You've gotten so used to hooking a couple of dozen retards with the shittiest bait, you don't put the slightest bit of effort into your shitposting, even when you shitpost outside of /tv/. Also, no one on here has mentioned the Ben Affleck Daredevil.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Nobody cares about Daredevil.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:58 pm

>caring about capeshit

Magical men in tight clothing are serious cinematic business.