Comicsgate: With Great Autism Comes Great Irresponsbility

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Lindsay's Liver

Re: Comicsgate: With Great Autism Comes Great Irresponsbility

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:12 pm

I know that I'm missing something, but I don't see what the benefits for either side would be for this proposed "truce" between Comicsgate and the industry fags. I'm sure it was all explained in a six-hour EVS livestream.

Meanwhile, the big Comicsgate news nowadays is that the new "Cyberfrog: Rekt Planet" campaign just started yesterday and, as of this writing, is up to $357, 540. It reached six figures in fifteen minutes.

Estimated fulfillment date: May 2021!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:18 pm

It's not like saving money will be important to endure the next months or even years of unemployment and depressed economy. Gogo Kickstarter! Superchats! Bitcheers!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:46 am

I just thought of something, I forgot about coronavirus effecting their decision for a "truce". Think about it, a lot of people aren't going to go outside which means brick and mortar retail stores will have less people going there. The comic industry's sales are 90% comic shops, digital means jack fucking shit which means it could fuck them up big time.

Comicsgate on the other hand? It's direct delivery sales to the consumer. Wuhan Flu has next to no effect on them whatsoever, they are set up perfectly for this and fat cat ladies like Gail realise that and want a sudden truce. That's more likely than people at the top wanting change and firing people.

Quite ironic considering that Meyer initially tried to get his stuff into comic shops as well but was blocked by these idiots. If anything they have helped him since it could have effected him and comicsgate if they planned on having retail sales.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:48 am

Poonoo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:46 am
Think about it, a lot of people aren't going to go outside which means brick and mortar retail stores will have less people going there. The comic industry's sales are 90% comic shops, digital means jack fucking shit which means it could fuck them up big time.
Yeah, I doubt it. Like I said, one of the reasons comic publishers like comic shops is because all sales are final. The comic shops can't return unsold stock and get their money back. So you've got a situation where the publishers don't really care how many books actually get into the hands of consumers, and haven't for a long time. The publishers have likely sold their stock to comic shops for the next month or so. If they can't move it because nobody's actually going out and shopping, that's their problem.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:58 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:48 am
Poonoo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:46 am
Think about it, a lot of people aren't going to go outside which means brick and mortar retail stores will have less people going there. The comic industry's sales are 90% comic shops, digital means jack fucking shit which means it could fuck them up big time.
Yeah, I doubt it. Like I said, one of the reasons comic publishers like comic shops is because all sales are final. The comic shops can't return unsold stock and get their money back. So you've got a situation where the publishers don't really care how many books actually get into the hands of consumers, and haven't for a long time. The publishers have likely sold their stock to comic shops for the next month or so. If they can't move it because nobody's actually going out and shopping, that's their problem.
This shit will last longer than a month, comic stores can't be forced into buying more until they go out of business. If sales are down they'll just order less each month, if no one goes there they'll order next to nothing. You're thinking one month ahead, you have to think months ahead and they realise the situation is fucked for them.

As for that rant about comic shops earlier about how the crash happened back in the 90s and it's been the same for 20 years, you clearly haven't seen the Diversity and Comics videos breaking down how sales have been down since 2015 or so and those numbers are inflated due to overshipping (giving the stores more than they paid for) to make their numbers look better on Comichron. Comic book shops closed a lot during the 90s crash but were stable from 2000-2015 but the past few years have seen a ton of shops close down, even in Sydney we had 6 dedicated comic shops a few years ago and now we are down to 3.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:45 pm

I've read this whole pandemic could take two years from start to finish :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:21 am

This is what Marvel is producing now.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:36 am

Oh god those colors hurt my eyes (not the person of color b4 one of you wiseguys crack up)
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Stunning. And brave.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:30 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:58 am
Comic book shops closed a lot during the 90s crash but were stable from 2000-2015
The successful ones I've seen were those that transitioned over to collectible cardboard crack games and hosting tournaments.
They've all but given up on stocking with new current issues and instead get trades and resales. More and more of the existing space is being taken over by the indies as well.

The shelves are instead being stocked with a ton of Warhammer and other figs, plus a ton of board games to appeal to that sort of market.
Others have pretty much converted to used/retro gaming resale stores, with again, the cardboard crack.

Guest wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:21 am
This is what Marvel is producing now.
Leftists always drawn black people like they secretly hate them.
Hot pink, banana yellow, lime green, aquamarine. Ugly and offensive all around.

How does the fat chick not have the neck rolls? Is that the secret fantasy of landwhales?
Last edited by Tony Schiavone on Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.