Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:40 pm

YAS QUEEN SLAY!
More obligatory feminism for great (social) justice!
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:38 pm

Nobody but the griftsphere stop cares about this dead franchise.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:52 pm

We watched the movie "Night of the Comet" on Christmas. It's classic mega-80s silly sci-fi stuff and one of my favorite movies. I've loved it since I was a kid. And its main protagonists are both women. And yet the movie NEVER turns into some shrill, heavy-handed feminist statement. Not once does it address the patriarchy.

It's just a good time that's not self-conscious about being "important" and it represents something that our stupid culture today has nurtured creative people to be unable to do anymore.

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:08 pm

At this rate the Ewok saga will become more palatable.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:42 pm

>handing a 200+ million dollar movie to some activist who has never touched anything of that magnitude before and thinks it's still 1824* instead of 2024

*) I was originally going with 1924, but SJWs like to think that the Weimar Republic was some kind of progressive utopia.

>It's about time we have a woman shape a story in a galaxy far, far away.
Marcia Lucas? Never heard of her.
The Force is female? What are you talking about?

Also what are the odds of the script being written by a *man*?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:25 pm

Apparently the script was some leftover from Damon Lindeloff, so yeah, it's around 25% male, 75% Jewish soy.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:36 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:52 pm
We watched the movie "Night of the Comet" on Christmas. It's classic mega-80s silly sci-fi stuff and one of my favorite movies. I've loved it since I was a kid. And its main protagonists are both women. And yet the movie NEVER turns into some shrill, heavy-handed feminist statement. Not once does it address the patriarchy.

It's just a good time that's not self-conscious about being "important" and it represents something that our stupid culture today has nurtured creative people to be unable to do anymore.
That’s a great movie, I remember watching a double feature with it and Night of the Creeps with friends, we called it Night of the Marathon.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:54 pm

There's a "Night of the Comet" fan page on Facebook. It's pretty useless, but I follow it. Every now and then someone attempts to kick up excitement by speculating how cool it would be if a modern sequel ever happened, or even a remake or a Netflix 15-part series! Whoopee!

I never say anything because I have no interest in spending time arguing on the "Night the Comet" Facebook page, but I can't imagine anything worse. I would rather watch the Pakistani feminist's new Star Wars movie.

Not everything needs a sequel or a remake. Enjoy the movie and then go live your life. Watch the movie again from to time when the mood strikes. That's a perfectly fine way to live.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:59 pm

Whether or not they'll do a sequel or remake (or soft reboot) would depend on whether or not the original had some actor who is (now) famous enough to hire (and who's old enough that they might have to hurry with the sequel).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:32 pm

お前はもう死んでいる。