Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:44 pm

I'm not just saying this as someone who was pro Vic - but it does seem like the KillVic cunts are getting hired less. None of them are in the Demon Slayer dub, either. I see Johnny Yong Bosch a decent amount - whose stayed silent. Zeno Robinson, too - shows up a lot on these cast lists - hasn't put on any twitter performances, and he was likely prompted by Marzgunt too - given he was nu Junpei.

A lot of people who were neutral are the ones still working. Finding a Funicunt in these current dubs is like finding Waldo. Definitely seems like Crunchyroll just wanted to kill a competitor and didn't have much use for the dead weight.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:48 pm

A wise decision. The best way to get rid of cunts notorious for causing autistic drama is to never hire them in the first place.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:00 pm

Reason #1 of 10357679 why Marzgunt will amount to nothing.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:14 pm

I want Vic to play Mahiro to ruin the fanboys' loli pee femdom fantasies. Not out of any strong feelings about the subject matter. I just enjoy the suffering of others.

Seriously, though, anyone watching? I'm in the 4th episode, and it's very passable.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:45 pm

Methinks it would help to mention the name of the animu you're talking about.
Though my scholarly knowledge of everything weeb makes me think you are referring Onimai, the genderbend loli animu whose premise sounds way too much like a disturbing number of shitty webcomics.
Probably features less self-groping than those webcomics, though.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:21 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:36 am
If you like weird designs and shonen, Soul Eater might be a good option. I never watched the anime (supposedly it diverges from the manga halfway through) but the manga is pretty good.
I’ve actually been reading the perfect edition of that as it comes out, funny you should say that. I watched the anime and didn’t like the divergence, plus the manga just has more of a punch in terms of humor. Also this was way before twitter pronoun soup but what was with both Crona and later that bitch from Attack on Titan (who was later confirmed to be a woman I think) being gender neutral? Even Ragnorak wants to know!
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:44 pm
I'm not just saying this as someone who was pro Vic - but it does seem like the KillVic cunts are getting hired less. None of them are in the Demon Slayer dub, either. I see Johnny Yong Bosch a decent amount - whose stayed silent. Zeno Robinson, too - shows up a lot on these cast lists - hasn't put on any twitter performances, and he was likely prompted by Marzgunt too - given he was nu Junpei.

A lot of people who were neutral are the ones still working. Finding a Funicunt in these current dubs is like finding Waldo. Definitely seems like Crunchyroll just wanted to kill a competitor and didn't have much use for the dead weight.
My problem with Zeno is he took over a lot of roles across the animation spectrum post Apucalypse, so I feel like he gets that black guy all access pass.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:49 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:21 pm
Also this was way before twitter pronoun soup but what was with both Crona and later that bitch from Attack on Titan (who was later confirmed to be a woman I think) being gender neutral? Even Ragnorak wants to know!
Unless you're dealing with someone who isn't actually human, you're probably looking at a hack writer trying to add artificial mystique and joke potential to a character.

One of my "favorite" examples comes from Majestic Prince, easily the worst franchise attached to Super Robot Wars (after that isekai reincarnation mecha show, of course). The team just one day gets a 6th ranger style addition who's some obnoxious tomboy with anger issues who refuses to disclose her gender (probably so she has more opportunities to get angry at people).

>that bitch from Attack on Titan
I had to google who you meant. So it was the mad scientist waifu? I must've truly been blessed with superior Germanic subs and dubs, since I never got even the faintest impression of gender nonsense :lol:
Though I guess stupid shit like this makes sense for AoT. After all her captain's dramatic reveal depends on no one ever asking him what his last name was.

Though not every German localisation is a master localisation. The dub for Komi Can't Communicate is completely unwatchable because they gave the obnoxious transvestite/otokonoko retarded neo-pronouns. Even though this ruins like the first joke surrounding him (I refuse to believe that "Hang on a sec, why the fuck are you dressed like a schoolgirl?!" is a reasonable moment of surprise if you've been referring to the same character with some German equivalent of "zey/zem" the entire time).
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:56 pm

And that my friend is why localization should be one asshole directly translating stuff and nothing else. 13 Sentinels did something similar.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:13 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:45 pm
Methinks it would help to mention the name of the animu you're talking about.
Though my scholarly knowledge of everything weeb makes me think you are referring Onimai, the genderbend loli animu whose premise sounds way too much like a disturbing number of shitty webcomics.
Probably features less self-groping than those webcomics, though.
Sorry thought I did

And yes its Onimai

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:54 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:56 pm
And that my friend is why localization should be one asshole directly translating stuff and nothing else.
Or, more preferably, an AI remotely managed via Japanese servers. The Day of Wreckening on human localizers is coming. Weeb Skynet will become a reality.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show