World Cup Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Angelfire Memes

Re: World Cup Thread

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Don't underestimate the power of shitposting.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:39 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:42 pm
Not even our Rugby World Cup win gets brought up so often and that was much more recent.
That's because the way you played kind of ruined the game. Wilkinson going for a million penalty goals was copied by every team at an international level, it's like he found a glitch in a multiplayer game and now everyone is exploiting it while the Devs (i.e. the people running the game who make the rules) can't be fucked to fix it. At one point on commentary when a team was down by 5 points out something they said the team should wait for another penalty so they could get closer to winning and get another one. They are only worth 3 fucking points, go for the try (touchdown for any burgers lurking).

It's why Rugby League is superior. When weird shit like that happens they fix it, the game was founded by people who knew that shit would happen once the game got more professional all the way back in 1908 and people kept changing shit over the decades.

But anyway, I want England to choke too so I can laugh at them because I'm Australian and all but I'm not so sure now. The shitposting seems to be working, which means it will probably be a France vs England final since that one will have the most meme potential.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 am

It seems unfair that guys can pretend to kick one way, freeze, then kick another way.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:18 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 am
It seems unfair that guys can pretend to kick one way, freeze, then kick another way.
Technically that isn't allowed. You're not supposed to stop on your run up anymore, but it's kind of a grey area so it's rarely enforced. You can slow or stutter your run up I think, you're just not allowed to come to a complete stop and start running again. What that actually looks like is open to interpretation though.

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:25 pm

You just can't stop when you are about to shoot, you can in the middle of your run.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:39 pm
That's because the way you played kind of ruined the game.
So? The manner of victory is not important, so long as nobody cheated. Just the fact that it is a victory. We have so few that you would think it would get mentioned more often.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Did I really just read an, "ends justify the means," post in reference to sports?
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Yes and no
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Pepsi Man wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:13 pm
Did I really just read an, "ends justify the means," post in reference to sports?
As long as nobody's entering the field with a chainsaw...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:47 am

Bobito wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:25 pm
You just can't stop when you are about to shoot, you can in the middle of your run.
Wrong, there has to be continuous movement toward the ball.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine