Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Tony Schiavone

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Tony Schiavone » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Charlar wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:38 am
Something not mentionned yet, in TLJ Chewbacca did nothing but break a door down and be a taxy to Marey Sue, you think he do something to avenge Han's death or something or anything but being a big fat nothing
Chewbacca was just happy to be freed from his life debt so he could run around his planet with the other dog people and celebrate Life Day.

I'm sure the Han solo movie will explain all of this wonderful backstory and motivation in thoughtful detail.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:59 pm

That Solo movie is a real wildcard, isn't it. Two different directors like Justice League. Odds are it will be crap, but who knows.
It's the audience draw and box office that intrigues me. Are audiences going to shy away from this movie because of how disenfranchising The Last Jedi Was? Or are people going to go, "YAY HAN SOLO IS BACK DAWGGG! YEEEAH!" and flock to it even if it's shit?
お前はもう死んでいる。

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:59 pm
That Solo movie is a real wildcard, isn't it. Two different directors like Justice League. Odds are it will be crap, but who knows.
It's the audience draw and box office that intrigues me. Are audiences going to shy away from this movie because of how disenfranchising The Last Jedi Was? Or are people going to go, "YAY HAN SOLO IS BACK DAWGGG! YEEEAH!" and flock to it even if it's shit?
You already know it's the latter. Cept Han will be portrayed as a good male feminist lapdog. He's a white male after all.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:04 pm

I wonder if the movie will feature Trandoshans, or if they'll get replaced by white cismale Palpatine supporters, in case the salvery analogue is not subtle enough.
Charlar wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:38 am
Something not mentionned yet, in TLJ Chewbacca did nothing but break a door down and be a taxy to Marey Sue, you think he do something to avenge Han's death or something or anything but being a big fat nothing
He had quality interactions and character development with those Uncanny Valley birds.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Seele

Post by Seele » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:59 pm
Who knows? Since this Alden Ehrenreich guy required an acting coach on set due to his terrible acting + having some editors and the former directors fired due to "creative differences" + the script went through major revisions + Ron Howard's shoddy track record of the past several years being noticeable + the rumors of Disney writing off the film as a potential bomb, the Solo movie sounds like a recipe for disaster just waiting to happen. There's still no actual trailers yet, and I've got a feeling the movie's gonna be delayed to December just to revise it further (and to fulfill Disney's obsession of turning Star Wars into a December franchise so that they can desperately sell their poorly marketed merchandise).

Even the poster looks like a joke (if it's real).
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Lol that cover looks more like a parody.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Yes, I'm almost certain the film will suck.

But how do you think this will fare compared to the others, especially following The Last Jedi?
The one thing this one has going for it is the classic characters (sort of). Do you think more people will come to this one for Fake Han, Fake Lando, and Chewie than for MaRey Sue and her Diversity Squadron?
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:02 pm

It'll do fine but that is more of an indictment of the movie-going audience in 2018 than the quality of the film itself, which will be low.

Seele

Post by Seele » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:12 pm
Yes, I'm almost certain the film will suck.

But how do you think this will fare compared to the others, especially following The Last Jedi?
The one thing this one has going for it is the classic characters (sort of). Do you think more people will come to this one for Fake Han, Fake Lando, and Chewie than for MaRey Sue and her Diversity Squadron?
It'll most likely make less than either TLJ and even Rogue Autism, especially considering how the negative fan feedback from the TLJ could influence diminishing returns for Solo + the development issues behind the scenes. Or, the opposite could happen, and critics will overpraise the shit out of it and somehow it'll still ends up grossing over 1 billion shekels.

Seriously, aside from it being an obvious cash grab, who even asked for a Han Solo motion picture to begin with? No one can play Han Solo better than Harrison Ford himself, and even he doesn't wanna play Han Solo anymore. It would've been more preferable to write a book than make a film.

I'm still kind of shocked there's no aggressive promotional material yet aside from Lego sets for this fucking movie.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 pm

I miss the Lord of the Rings movies, where the only black characters were savage bad guys riding elephants.
Is Spoony dead yet?