World Cup Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: World Cup Thread

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:31 am

Bobito wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:07 am
Do you think Australia has chances of going to the next round? At least I think the can defeat the ticos but they depend of the other match.
If we beat Peru who have nothing to play for and Denmark lose to France we will probably make it. The Danes rely solely on Eriksen and their attack was non-existent after we levelled the scores. Someone else here said against Peru they were solid defensively but didn't offer much in that game either.

That shit won't fly with France, both teams will want to win to top the group to get an easier opponent. A walking wounded Argentina or Nigeria (and possibly Iceland) are a better prospect than facing a strong Croatian team who are playing well. It is also in both Australia and Denmark's best interest to go all out attack since if we have equal points and points differential it will come down to goals scored.

It is certainly possible, I just hope our coach puts on a more attacking lineup for the Peru game and tells Robbie Kruse to fuck off, he is the whipping boy of the team for a damn reason. The only notable thing he has done is be the most fouled player in Germany one year, hardly a great accomplishment. But I'm worried our coach might play it a bit safe, the guy should have put Cahill on as a sub in the last two games with the amount of crosses we are putting in, despite his age Cahill is a different man when he plays for us and has saved our asses a shit ton of times.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:23 am

Poonoo wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:57 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:36 pm
Saying argentine has a shit team is retarded, especially compared to half the nations that play in this world cup.

Most of them play for big clubs in the big leagues. Its just the media making excuses for Messi to call Argentine weak.
Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:00 pm
Messi is amazing for Argentina usually. There are some crazy records like they've only won one qualification game without him. Argentina's problem is that their Keepers are all shit, their defence is mostly shit and their midfield is absolute shit. A top tier offense is not going to carry you on their own especially with such gaping flaws.
This is my response to ASS. Mate, other than the forwards that squad is terrible for a country like Argentina.
So you didnt look at the defenders and midfielders clubs then alright.... Way better than half the teams in the WC.
Sevilla, near top spain team.
Man city, top england team
Man U, top england team
AS Roma, top italy team
AC Milan, top italy team
PSG, top france team

If you want to claim players playing for those kind of clubs are bad you are beyond stupid.
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:37 am

Ah yes Bebo that Man United legend, remember him? Or Charlie Adams the greatest Scot to play for Liverpool next to Daglish. I mean it’s not like clubs ever make mistakes and buy bad players or players that don’t fit their systems. Nope every transfer is completely perfect and works out 100%

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:39 am

Then they would be sold the season after or not be fielded. And compare it to iceland, even if theyre the worst player at the club theyre better than the iceland players. But hey its already obvious most of you never watched a league game in your life and are just world cup hype followers so why am I even bothering.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:45 am

Torres, Mendieta, Bogarde, Felipe Melo, Overmars, Douglas
Want me to continue?

The fact that they couldn’t beat Iceland shows that their team isn’t that good and their tactics are suspect.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:19 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:45 am
Torres, Mendieta, Bogarde, Felipe Melo, Overmars, Douglas
Want me to continue?

The fact that they couldn’t beat Iceland shows that their team isn’t that good and their tactics are suspect.
You can continue babbling random nonsense all you want lol it wont change facts. Oh so now suddenly its tactics instead of bad players lollll you are a joke.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:16 pm

So listing players that played for a big club for many seasons and performed poorly or were so bad they hardly saw play is random nonsense? And I thought that it completely repudiated your central point.
Honestly, the fact that you list clubs like AC Milan, Man City, Man Utd, Roma etc as examples is just hilarious. Fans of those clubs would be more than willing to tell you all the shit players they have signed in recent years. That kind of naivety reveals a great lack of experience with Football.
Also, I originally listed Sampaoli as one of the main reasons why Argentina is doing poorly, it's the post Poonoo quoted but for some reason left out the part about tactics.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:21 pm

And all Im saying is a team with this caliber of players should qualify from that group easily
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:21 pm
And all Im saying is a team with this caliber of players should qualify from that group easily
If you don't work on a proper team spirit in soccer, you end up with something that is less than the sum of its parts.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:40 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:21 pm
If you don't work on a proper team spirit in soccer, you end up with something that is less than the sum of its parts.
>Soccer

Also, the only world class players Argentina has are their strikers.