Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Movie Thread

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun May 26, 2024 5:38 pm

Fury Road kind of got ruined by Reddit - where if you admit you like it you feel a little gross.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun May 26, 2024 7:55 pm

Fury Road's pretty great action flick if you detach it from the Gibson trilogy and just take it as a standalone reboot. I still don't know how (or if) Max is supposed to be an ex-police officer in a world that's clearly been stewing in the apocalypse for decades, but whatever.

Same with Evil Dead. I just don't think of the newer films being involved with the Campbell trilogy at all, and then it works fine.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun May 26, 2024 7:57 pm

>complaining about continuity in Mad Max

The Gibson movies aren’t even consistent with that, and I think that’s fine. It’s a trait of the series at this point.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 26, 2024 7:59 pm

How'd you even get from the first Mad Max to the second? Did the Earth like turn into one giant desert in a span of just a few years, or did everyone think it was cool to hang out in the desert?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 26, 2024 8:36 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:47 pm
Critical Drinker
Utterly useless reviewer to anyone. His takes are often so random and his taste is so shit that you can't even use him as a guide in the negative way (as in if he hates it you will like it).
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sun May 26, 2024 9:15 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 8:36 pm
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Critical Drinker
Utterly useless reviewer to anyone. His takes are often so random and his taste is so shit that you can't even use him as a guide in the negative way (as in if he hates it you will like it).
I just use him to represent that entire group they all parrot the same shite.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sun May 26, 2024 9:17 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 7:59 pm
How'd you even get from the first Mad Max to the second? Did the Earth like turn into one giant desert in a span of just a few years, or did everyone think it was cool to hang out in the desert?
You give the director a much bigger budget that’s how.

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Sun May 26, 2024 9:21 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 7:59 pm
How'd you even get from the first Mad Max to the second?
Like this:

I also liked how Road Warrior doesn't blame nukes specifically, but instead claims that a series of unexplained cataclysmic events turned the planet into a dead desert, and that the survivors have regressed too much to really understand how or why.
Rushy wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 7:55 pm
Fury Road's pretty great action flick if you detach it from the Gibson trilogy and just take it as a standalone reboot. I still don't know how (or if) Max is supposed to be an ex-police officer in a world that's clearly been stewing in the apocalypse for decades, but whatever.
Fury Road looks less like an apocalypse and more like a Disney World ride.
You can almost see Robert in the background, complaining with the manager because his fairly small portion isn't fairly small enough.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 8:36 pm
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Critical Drinker
Is there a single movie reviewer on Youtube that isn't shit and/or a shill?
Adum Dogfucker was the only one i used to watch before he became a social justice warrior; i like Old Boy, but unlike him i know about movies made before he was born.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 26, 2024 10:58 pm

I certainly don't know anyone. Then again, you should know better than to ask me. I keep up less with movies and reviewers for them than my grandma does with the latest Death Metal releases.
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 9:15 pm
I just use him to represent that entire group they all parrot the same shite.
My point was that you can't use him (or whoever his ilk even are) as a pointer because there's no telling what shite he'd spew specifically.
Blob is more reliable yet still useless because you know his opinion before he does.

Drinker however will slam some woke flick, as you'd expect, only to gush about some other pozzed crap because he's a dummy and its popcorn action was just flashy enough to tickle his peanut brain.

Either way, it's pointless to ask him if a movie is good because he wouldn't know rhe first thing about it, woke or not.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun May 26, 2024 11:03 pm

The recent Mad Max game did some good world building by explaining how the oceans dried up and other shit slowly happened over time that led to societal collapse. The deserts are actually seas and other large bodies of waters.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.