Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 07, 2024 7:22 pm

Complicity wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:16 pm
Thinking about it, Soy Wars fans' tastes are very feminine.
No wonder they failed so miserably when the silent senpai of the Disney trilogy turned out to be Brienne of Tarth.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 07, 2024 8:17 pm

Complicity wrote:
Maybe that's why they like him; he's a mysterious, edgy guy who doesn't speak much like Boba Fett.
He was a hint of some much needed seriousness in a very boring and goofy mess of shit.
1 had people all fucked up. It's just plain shit. You expected an adventure and got awful child actors, contemporary Middle Eastern slave trade, boring political shit (not even intrigues a la Dune but more technically legal tax evasion), goofy fish people on a goofy water core planet (lol what's pressure?) and it didn't seem to go anywhere.

Enter Episode 2. Maul looks cool and interesting. He's no nonsense. Straight up assassin type. Finally some confrontation worth a damn!
Awesome entrance and great battle music. The first time anyone has felt tension and excitement watching the prequels.

And he gets removed immediately.
People are sore for a reason. Not because Maul was so fantastic but because killing him off, with no adequate or greater replacement, felt like that demand of excitement and entertainment was killed along with him.

Then we got some space bixnood dropping rap bass bombs or some shit.

I dunno, maybe George got influenced by his vine-swinging wife or something. Things get blurry in my memory after that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue May 07, 2024 9:28 pm

Complicity wrote:
all in denial about their spiritual father Georgie being a hackfraud.
That was such a hard concept to wrap our heads around. George had been hailed as a genius for 20 years prior. It couldn't have been his fault. It must be Jake Lloyd and Ahmed Best's fault?
But no, the clues had been there even as far back as Return of the Jedi. Two different scenes with burping creatures in that film. Then came Howard the Duck. And then those awful Special Editions.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Wed May 08, 2024 1:24 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:28 pm
Then came Howard the Duck.
That one was objectively a masterpiece compared to most of Star Wars (if not all, at this point).
Howard the Duck is supposed to be a goofy character in a goofy comedy, based on a goofy/edgy comic book, that becomes grimdark and adult oriented in an interesting, almost Fulci-like way.
Star Wars instead was supposed to be this serious, grandiose space opera that mesmerized adults and children alike, and instead it was already a farce at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Oh, and fuck Doge and his dumbass, puritanical opinions on how entertainment watched by children shouldn't have a hint of edgy/adult oriented content in it.
Faggots like him would have been traumatized if they watched Fist of The North Star (or even Saint Seiya) growing up.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:17 pm
Enter Episode 2. Maul looks cool and interesting.
Was Maul in episode 2 at all?
All i remember about that one - that i watched years later on a pirate streaming site, same thing for 3 - was how amateurishly terrible the contrast between the CGI locations and the real location in which Natalie Portmxn and Eternally Butthurt Fagwalker had their gay romance in looked.
It was like watching a low budget Saturday morning show for kids, but instead it was a Pedowood movie that cost gorillions.
In my memory, 3 was the only episode with some semblance of a coherent plot, and Buckbroken Jackson being in there somewhere, the ineffectual house nigger he is irl.
Last edited by Complicity on Wed May 08, 2024 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Wed May 08, 2024 1:50 am

Complicity wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:24 am
Faggots like him would have been traumatized if they watched Fist of The North Star (or even Saint Seya) growing up.
A lack of anime is what made the west faggots and not the other way round.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Wed May 08, 2024 1:56 am

The prequels turning the Jedi into a bunch of bureaucratic Space FBI shitheads that hold conference calls in a skyscraper wasn't something I liked. Maybe a better series of movies could have made it work but I don't even know if the depiction was intentional. Then everything about Anakin was so gay it should be a DHI mod.

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Wed May 08, 2024 3:10 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:49 pm
Disney has always been too safe and kid-friendly
The only exception that comes to mind was Return to Oz, even though it was nowhere near as "scary" as NC clones claim it was.
In all fairness though, the Italian dub made the Wheelers sound like Bebop and Rocksteady, while in the OG version the actor gave Pazuzu a run for his money.
And i guess there was this:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed May 08, 2024 3:30 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:31 pm
I have never met anyone that wasn't a child back then that likes the prequels.
Especially Episode I was heavily criticised with lots of coping for the next two movies.
The only one I know is my dad, who unironically asked when Disney would bring back his favourite character - Jar Jar
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed May 08, 2024 10:12 am

Your dad a big fan of minstrel shows?

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 08, 2024 4:16 pm

Relevant:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette