Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:01 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:50 pm
It's just a pain in the ass to figure out where a certain movie is streamed this particular month.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:17 pm

I stream with a Roku and it has a search engine on the home screen that tells where anything is (officially) streaming. I like it.

Tig Ol Bitties
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Tig Ol Bitties » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:15 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:29 pm
I had access to Fagflix once via the family account of a friend. Trailer Park Boys was the only thing worth watching.
I've since got the complete DVD box set for cheap on eBay and haven't bothered since.
I was absolutely baffled by the atrocious selection of movies and shows on the supposedly most successful and biggest streaming service. Think of any cult classic and there's a 9 in 10 chance it's not on there. It truly is the direct to DVD for shit that's not even worth keeping available forever.
I haven't checked it out since 2019, but I remember it being mostly generic midbudget shit like Michael Bay's Six Underground and a bunch of mediocre foreign tv shows nobody wants to watch. There was also a lot of lesbian softcore.

The old Netflix where they sent you DVDs in the mail had a better selection.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:45 pm

Tig Ol Bitties wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:15 pm
I haven't checked it out since 2019, but I remember it being mostly generic midbudget shit like Michael Bay's Six Underground and a bunch of mediocre foreign tv shows nobody wants to watch.
Could be mandatory. Canada and other shithole countries have a thing where they try to force baka gaijin entertainment companies to promote their native shit, either by putting at least some of that shit on their portfolio or by investing.
Must be awkward if you're primarily an animu publisher.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:45 pm

Ozark's pretty good, anyways.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:46 am

AnHiiro Yui wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:11 pm
There used to be a much bigger selection on Kikeflix. This was before all the film studios caught on to streaming and realised they could probably make a lot of money with their own streaming services, so they basically gutted Kikeflix and left them with mostly shit. Then Soros and Obama came in to fill the void with their garbage woke Netlifx originals.
While that's true, I had access to it four or five years ago when the studios were all just starting to get into the streaming game. I guess Netflix was already in decline but still supremely popular and praised.

I realize that I'm not and have never been their target audience but they neither had big blockbusters I'd have expected, nor older ones, nor many of the true classics.
No Western movies at all, nothing by big name directors, no well-known cult classics and especially no actual B-movie stuff that'd be easy to get licensing for.
It was like the worst video store ever.

Yes, they had original stuff but that's all profound trash with less soul and identity than a Chinese smartphone.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:33 pm

The only (decent) shit the streaming services do have are old tv shows, and not always all of them.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:00 pm

Those Free TV boomer channels that only show up when you don't have cable are better for oldshit TV than stramming. They're nominally free and more than likely have a better selection.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:04 pm

True. Comet, MeTV, Folk TV, H&I Cozi TV and all those other channels are great for pre 90's shows (with the exception of shows like Saved by the Bell, 21 Jumpstreet, Monk and for some reason the Office).
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:55 pm

The Office and Frerfs are background noise for normalfags and women. Office reruns are their version of watching the same Spoony videos from 15 years ago over and over again.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you