Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
User avatar
veris leta facies
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:44 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 pm
I bought Eraserhead to watch like ages ago when Twin Peaks was airing and just never got around to it. Once Twin Peaks ended I just sort of lost my enthusiasm
If you remember the episode eight from the new TP, that's basically Eraserhead. A surreal Bunuelesque art film with the typical Lynch themes. You do need to be in a certain state of mind to watch it.
Rushy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:50 pm
I think we can all agree that Baron Harkonnen suffocating a slave boy whilst showering in oil is the highlight of Lynch's career
Most certainly not, but a great scene nonetheless. You have an absolute shit taste, but here and there you do show small signs of understanding the true kino.
It's ok to be huwhite

User avatar
Rushy
Posts: 2704
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:52 am
Location: Don't ask if you don't want to know

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:55 pm

That's why my favourite Bond film is Diamonds Are Forever
Is there a better word than fuck? I don't think so. It means sex, fury and the confidence to tell another individual and/or organisation that they don't matter to you. It's basically Donald Trump in 4 letters. Fuck, the president.

User avatar
veris leta facies
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:13 pm

That's only because you haven't seen Die Another Day yet.
It's ok to be huwhite

User avatar
Rushy
Posts: 2704
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:52 am
Location: Don't ask if you don't want to know

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:15 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:13 pm
That's only because you haven't seen Die Another Day yet.
I marathoned them all
Is there a better word than fuck? I don't think so. It means sex, fury and the confidence to tell another individual and/or organisation that they don't matter to you. It's basically Donald Trump in 4 letters. Fuck, the president.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Gentleman
Posts: 18451
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:36 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:19 pm
That's unexpected that out of all posters here, it's you who have patience to watch that film all through. :lol:
It wasn't the easiest watch. The beginning was testing my patience and started to piss me off. There's also lots of artsy fuckery going on.
I've watched the RLM re-view episode after it and I have to greatly disagree with Jay, the artfag fuckboy. "People say it's weird for weirdness sake, but that's not true!" Yes, it absolutely is. There's hay everywhere for no reason. His potted plant on the nightstand isn't potted but just sits there in a hill of earth. They all live in some industrial area, his wife around abandoned factories, he on a cargo train station, where clearly there aren't really any apartments. His "wedding ring" that comes by mail is an earthworm. The radiator lady looks completely fucked.
Very little makes sense. I get the theme but then it's a very shallow one and Lynch just went out of his way to make it live a fever dream and include as many weird things for no reason as possible.

It does have some quotable lines, though. There are great scenes but there are too few of them. The whole dinner at her parents is right at the beginning and the best the movie has to offer. "Tiny chicken, hideous creatures no larger than my fist! They're man-made, unnatural! But they're new." is great. So is "What do you do?" "I'm on vacation.". The awkwardness of the dinner is just right. I would've liked more like that.
RedLine wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:21 am
Marzie desperately wants to feel ProJared's cock and everyone directly involved in the IN universe is an insane mess.
DHI.txt

User avatar
Guest

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Lynch had a shitty daughter with clubbed feet, so he made a movies about a dude killing his deformed baby. Seems like a cool guy. That shitty daughter then made a handful of trash flicks that were production disasters. Good riddance.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Lynch is the ultimate one-trick pony, the JayJay of the 80s. OMG guise, it was all a dream! Oh, and here's a hot chick totally nude but her pubic hair is blurred on DVD because he thinks he's Japanese now!

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 14909
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:36 am

He's just copying from the best.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Cucked in the name of Soy, Ye not complicit.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:59 pm

What in fuck is Unicorn Store? Is that a nickname for Brie Larson or is this an actual movie or something?

User avatar
Guest

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:06 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:59 pm
What in fuck is Unicorn Store? Is that a nickname for Brie Larson or is this an actual movie or something?
ITs her Nigflix movie that she directed and stars in.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest