Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: Movie Thread

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:21 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:44 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:11 pm
veris leta facies wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Well, it's good that the only movie you approve is at least a great one.
Who said he was talking about the movie?
Maybe because he wrote a post about movies in the Movie Thread.
Nigger, this is DHI.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:58 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:44 pm
Maybe because he wrote a post about movies in the Movie Thread.
He also said that he didn't read books
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:47 am

Saw Jabberwocky, one of Terry Gilliam’s films. It was ok, like a greatly inferior Holy Grail

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:44 am

I vaguely remember that one. Not nearly as funny, and somehow with an even less coherent plot.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Been delving into the Frankenstein/Dracula Hammer pictures from the 50s-70s.

The Frankenstein series is actually quite decent. There's not a lot of continuity, but Cushing is always brilliant in the role and him creating a new monster in each movie means there's something to look forward to with every film. I particularly enjoyed "Revenge Of Frankenstein" and "Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed", since those two had the Monster be just a traumatised human whose brain had been put into another body rather than a Karloff-style retard.

The Dracula series is garbage. Christopher Lee looks bored in most of the movies(he was being blackmailed to even show up) and rarely gets any dialogue or oppurtunity to act. For some reason, these movies insist on killing Dracula over and over again and starting each movie with a resurrection scene despite not giving a shit about following any sort of continuity otherwise. It just makes the whole thing feel even more formulaic. He chomps on some ladies, hisses a lot, gets stabbed, the end. Check out "Horror of Dracula" since it's a loose adaptation of the novel and maybe "Dracula: Prince of Darkness" for some good atmosphere, avoid the rest.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:32 pm

Christopher Lee is the greatest actor to appear in the worst shit and give it his all. Now everyone's a faggot except Mel Gibson, Denzel and the cast of Peaky Blinders

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:20 pm

The Peaky fookin' Blinders.

Haven really watched the Hammer Frankenstein (Hammerstein?) flicks. I'll probably do that eventually since I love Cushing in everything I've seen so far with him.

I think I only watched a single Hammer Dracula movie, and it was a pretty weird trip. I now the Christopher Lee Dracula gets memed in pop culture a lot, but in the actual movies he's just some effectively feral weirdo in a nice suit, with none of the charme and eloquence of literally every other Dracula incarnation.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:09 pm

The only good Dracula movie ever made was Van Helsing because it portrayed him correctly. As a cartoony metrosexual with the power to turn into a sixteen foot tall Disney Gargoyle that can only be killed by werewolf bite.

Just as Bram Stoker intended.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Rushy wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:46 pm
Been delving into the Frankenstein/Dracula Hammer pictures from the 50s-70s.

The Frankenstein series is actually quite decent. There's not a lot of continuity, but Cushing is always brilliant in the role and him creating a new monster in each movie means there's something to look forward to with every film. I particularly enjoyed "Revenge Of Frankenstein" and "Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed", since those two had the Monster be just a traumatised human whose brain had been put into another body rather than a Karloff-style retard.

The Dracula series is garbage. Christopher Lee looks bored in most of the movies(he was being blackmailed to even show up) and rarely gets any dialogue or oppurtunity to act. For some reason, these movies insist on killing Dracula over and over again and starting each movie with a resurrection scene despite not giving a shit about following any sort of continuity otherwise. It just makes the whole thing feel even more formulaic. He chomps on some ladies, hisses a lot, gets stabbed, the end. Check out "Horror of Dracula" since it's a loose adaptation of the novel and maybe "Dracula: Prince of Darkness" for some good atmosphere, avoid the rest.
Ah nice, I love me some Hammer horror. I wouldn’t say avoid all the Dracula films, Horror and a couple of others are pretty cool. It’s not technically Dracula but the 7 Golden Vampires one is hilarious because it’s half martial arts film. The Frankenstein films are fantastic though. Check out The Gorgon when you can.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Peaky Blinders is modern nufag bullshit. It's literally a gang of PTSD powderpuffs who take orders from a woman. Even the dumb whore sister is smarter than them, single-handedly ending a gang war at the end of the first season with her ugly-as-fuck baby and vagina powers.