Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:22 pm

So, this is a conundrum.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm

So... are they gonna enrich One Peace with preferred pronouns for the whole Strawhat crew or what?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:07 pm

This fag is the translator for the recent English Devilman edition. All he dies is cry about myh Dan scanlations all say long. He also overestimate his importance as a translatorman and not the actual writer. He he's not even a fan of go nagai.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:51 pm

I only recently became aware of this idiot. Weebs/otaku need to keep an eye on this guy and make sure his translating stuff accurately. I suppose that should always be the case with US manga/anime publishers.

It's making me wonder if I should continue buying these books with scumbags like this leeching off of them.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:07 pm

Manga and Anime have always had a problem with localisers trying to completely change the content to suit their own purposes. SJWs doing it is not much different to 4Kids or some other pieces of shit doing it.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:26 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:07 pm
Manga and Anime have always had a problem with localisers trying to completely change the kahntent to suit their own purposes. SJWs doing it is not much different to 4Kids or some other pieces of shit doing it.
I've always hated it, no matter who's doing it.

That's why I appreciate companies like Discotek that don't do that. They went as far as to even release Angel Cop uncensored for the first time in the U.S.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:29 pm

Weebs don't pay for media. Don't buy localisations, ever.
That angel cop Blu Ray stinks. I know it's an upscale but I hoped it would be a little better than oldshit manga entertainment.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:26 pm
I've always hated it, no matter who's doing it.
Everyone hates it. 4Kids were probably the most hated localisers of all time. But it's not like Hollywood where they're producing content, they're merely localising other people's content which means there's a limit to how much they can gatekeep. If fans don't like how a particular company is translating a particular work, they can buy the original Japanese versions and the localiser doesn't get anything. Or else there are scanlations or fansubs or any number of ways a fan can consume the original content without having to go through the English language licensor. As a result, licensors might not realise this but they are completely irrelevant.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:10 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:51 pm
I only recently became aware of this idiot. Weebs/otaku need to keep an eye on this guy and make sure his translating stuff accurately. I suppose that should always be the case with US manga/anime publishers.

It's making me wonder if I should continue buying these books with scumbags like this leeching off of them.
I thought you lived in Japan at some point. Can't you read moonrunes?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:31 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:10 am
I thought you lived in Japan at some point. Can't you read moonrunes?
I lived there for a year. I read fairly well I guess... I have a ton of Japanese language manga that I read. That being said, I wouldn't call myself fluent... certainly not native speaker level. I can converse with people, but I know that I make grammatical errors.

It didn't help that the place I got sent to spoke an odd dialect that even other Japanese have trouble understanding.

It really depends on the kind of stories being told. I can understand the average shonen shit, but stuff aimed at older audiences with lots of political, military, or scientific terminology is a lot harder. (Like say Gundam or Legend of the Galactic Heroes.)
お前はもう死んでいる。