E3 2019

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: E3 2019

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:37 am

Arnold is genuine in a way that Keanu isn't. Arnold's bad delivery came across not as wooden, but lovably stupid and cheesy. Keanu just delivers his lines like a plank of wood. I mean, Dracula is an otherwise fantastic horror adaptation of Bram Stoker's novel, and Keanu has a starring role as what should be one of the more emotionally-charged characters. If a real actor had been cast, the film would have been flawless. It's no exaggeration to say he ruined the film.

He's passable as Neo because Neo having no emotion works for that character. He hardly knows how to feel about anything because he's been programmed for so long. He's also not AS wooden in the first matrix film as you might think.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:32 am

I like him. The Matrix, the John Wick movies and Street Kings all were good movies. Granted, Street Kings is a kind of Training Day light for people that just wanted more of the same but it worked for me.
He's absolutely inexcusably terrible in Dracula, though. He works best when he has few lines and is either in the role of an oblivious fool or a hardass. He's got basically no range. But when a role works for him I enjoy him a lot.

Arnie has what very few actors have, natural charisma in abundance. It's why Segal, Diesel and Norris aren't even remotely as beloved, despite being even or better actors. And man, do I like me some trashy action movies but none of them can carry a shitty one like Arnie can. Norris is a wet blanket, Segal hasn't been good for decades and can't into funny bad and Diesel has proven many times that he can't save a shit script at all because he never surpasses his character's writing.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:42 am

Vin is only good when the movie itself is good in spite of him. He was perfect as Riddick in the original Pitch Black because the movie is not ABOUT Riddick. The movie is about the female pilot, who makes a difficult decision to almost murder every passenger and spends the rest of the movie atoning. Riddick is that asshole who watches on the sidelines and makes shitty, sarcastic remarks about what a sucker she is. It's only at the very end of the movie that Riddick shows any kind of character at all and that's intentional. The entire movie has compared Riddick to an animal and he confirmed that characterization at every step. It's only at the very end he decides to do something decent and human.

But the movie is not good because of Vin. There are many actors who could have played a role like that. Ving Rhames, off the top of my head. The female actress carries Pitch Black. The bounty hunter, Childs I think he's called, is another nice counterpoint. He pretends to be a lawman, but is every bit as brutal and animalistic as Riddick.

They've tried to remake Pitch Black so many times and it never fucking works because the heart of the movie is missing.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:24 am

It's a bit weird how that movie kickstarted a franchise centered around that one batshit weirdo, and not have it structured more like some slasher franchise where the slasher is actually after an even worse slasher.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:37 am
Arnold is genuine in a way that Keanu isn't. Arnold's bad delivery came across not as wooden, but lovably stupid and cheesy.
Dude legit showed more heart and emotion when he played an emotionless killer android.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:02 am

Killer androids are cool and worthy of respect. I wish I was a killer android much like how a nigger wishes he was white.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:13 pm

The best thing to come from Pitch Black is the video games. Escape from Butcher Bay is legit great.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:08 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:13 pm
The best thing to come from Pitch Black is the video games. Escape from Butcher Bay is legit great.
Yep. I'm a big fan of that dev. The Darkness (first one) was great too. Second one was comic book shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Remember when Vin first got big and they were trying to push him as this amazing thespian who was going to CHANGE THE GAME? His problem is ego. Dude can't just play action characters but has to be the most badass, unstoppable hero imaginable. That's how Fast & Furious went off the rails so fast. He came back after being gone two movies and suddenly his character is screaming FAMILY! while beating the Rock's ass despite a two foot height difference and flying off the sides of mountains without even getting a scratch. Same thing happened to Riddick. Two movies in and it's a fucking space opera with him literally taking on evil spirits or some shit and becoming ruler of the galaxy.

Why isn't he ruling the galaxy in Riddick? Is it a prequel?

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:24 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:32 am
It's why Segal, Diesel and Norris
I used to watch Seagal dubbed as a kid, then, years ago, I saw some original clips of his (mainly on videos exposing him for the cunt that he is) and man, is he fucking terrible. When was he ever a passable actor? People can trash Keanu for not having range, but I can't stand Seagal's whispering - that's all he fucking has. He can't say a line like a normal person.

And he's not just a horrible actor, he's a terrible action star as well, because ever fight he's in, there is zero tension, because it always ends up the same - Steven Sumo Seagal beats up all the bad guys and depending on how old he gets, in increasingly slower fashion with more cuts and stunt doubles. This works in comedy like Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer movies, but not in the much more straightforward "badass" movies Seagal wanted to make.

Rewatching this, I must say the only movies probably worth watching with him are the earliest two or so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EAuLL9n42s He actually has some compelling scenes there.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:15 pm

My favorite Seagalism is in Above The Law when he's tied to a chair and the bad guy injects with a special drug that will make him into a drooling retard unable to fight back... and he just wills the drug not to have any effect before breaking the chair apart and killing everyone in three seconds.

He's supposed to be a Chicago cop.