Peripherals

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Peripherals

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:22 pm

Also much easier to do than with the Kinect.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:20 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:03 pm
If you paid more than the equivalent of $20 USD then you need to cancel that order because you're getting ripped off.
Nah, it's fine. I wanted an original 360 controller and that's what they are going for if you want one that isn't totally fucked.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:52 pm

I got my 360 pad yesterday. It's almost new and works flawlessly. I could imagine that but it seems to make a lot of difference in Trials because the left stick finally has grip again and feels a bit stiffer as well.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:13 pm

I'm still looking around to future proof myself. I got myself some cheap replacement sticks for when I wear the rubber off as Trials is fucking brutal on it.
While looking I've also stumbled upon the Xboner Elite controllers. The amazon reviews are comedy gold. All the new Xbox controllers seem to be total trash. Good thing they announced new, more expensive trash at E3 for crowbcat to make a video about. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:07 pm

Ya'll lucky. I broke my DC controller and haven't replaced it cause it's 50 dollars on Amazon. I could get a new system for that.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:33 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:07 pm
Ya'll lucky. I broke my DC controller and haven't replaced it cause it's 50 dollars on Amazon. I could get a new system for that.
Amazon is overpriced for anything 3rd party. Ebay has them for $15 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Dreamcast ... SwJPVdHgP2

They might even be cheaper, was just one of the first listings I saw.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:38 am

I need a thumbstick grip for my DC controller. Does anyone know if normal ones fit? Their shape is different from contemporary analog sticks so I don't know how well they would fit.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:06 pm

Maybe some Playstation ones could fit. You'll have better luck with ones made for the PS4 controller, as those sticks are a little bit smaller. Those often don't fit on PS2 Dualshocks but could fit the DC stick.
Guest wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:07 pm
That's crazy! I paid 50€ for the console, two controllers, two light guns, House of the Dead 2 and a large stack of illegal copies for free on top.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:38 am

Since I've mentioned Trials I thought I'd give you an update on how the cheap replacement sticks held up.
It's now almost been a year and I've used the 360 controller for quite a bit of stuff now. Whenever something doesn't need analogue triggers I use the Switch Pro Controller but I'm estimating that the 360 controller's stick went through an easy 1000 hours by now, most of that time playing Trials, so rough as fuck handling.

You can still see the four nubs on it and somewhat feel them as well. It's still a bit more rough than the right (original) stick as well. I was a bit sceptic at first because the rubber coating seemed to be a bit thinner, which might be true, but the stick is shaped ever so slightly more concave, offering better grip regardless.

It's not nearly as worn down as I expected it to be. I bought them on Amazon and they went by the name of Neuftech, coming as a pack of four at five Euroshekels. So I've still got three brand new ones and the one I've been using doesn't need replacement yet, despite fairly rough use.
For comparison's sake, the original controller's stick has maybe two years of use worth in it if you play abusive shit like Trials until you're down to the plastic on a corner. I expect the replacement to last just about as long. Replacing it is piss easy so it's a great solution for very little money for a controller that is otherwise still perfectly fine.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:24 am

I've been seeing some Logitech gamepad that can switch between X- and DirectInput. My 360 is still doing fine, but it can't hurt to look for replacements.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette