Kojima the hack fraud

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Kojima the hack fraud

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:22 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:24 am
I bet he considers Death Stranding art, though.
I was going to say that, But didn't want to drag out the post more then I needed to. :lol:

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:07 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:29 am
He's Stated multiple times that he doesn't consider video games to be an art form
And? Most people don't, and the ones that do tend to make the kind of dry, pretentious drivel that Death Stranding is often accused of being
Guest wrote:
A means to weasel his way to stardom and eventually enter the Pedowood business.
This might be something worth complaining about if it weren't a common affliction to every creator who doesn't already work in movies

Comic Book people want to be in movies (see: Stan Lee, Frank Miller, Todd McFarlane, Neil Gaiman, even Alan Moore a bit)
Novelists want to be in movies (see: numerous novellists who've actually gone on to write Hollywood screenplays)
Animation people want to be in (live action) movies (see: Brad Bird who went from directing animated feature films like Iron Giant and the Incredibles, to directing big budget tentpole live action films like Mission: Impossible, Matt Groening who stiffened up the animation for The Simpsons because he complained 'it looks too much like a cartoon', or Disney, who make a never ending shitstream of live action remakes of their animated films)
Musicians want to be in movies (see: Prince, Pink Floyd, Mick Jagger as well numerous musicians who decide they want to be actors too)

I could go on

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:45 am

I find it funny Kojima doesn't consider games to be art, yet is constantly trying to court pedowood and make the kind of boring, walking sim shit that "games are art" people love, as guestfag said.

I think Kojima is just protesting too much. He would sound like a narcissistic egomaniac if he said "I consider my games to be art, but most games to not be." But I think this is closer to the truth of his opinion.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:52 am

Such a quote wouldn't surprise me. Didn't he whine about how Burgers couldn't appreciate the genius of Death Stranding because their minds have been numbed by those brutish FPS games?
"You don't have to be able to drive a car, but if it's called a car and it has artistic elements in the visuals, then it's art. But an actual car, like a videogame, is interactive, so it's something used by people, so it's like a car where you have to drive it."
Driving a car sounds like way to much gameplay for modern games.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:04 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:45 am
I think Kojima is just protesting too much. He would sound like a narcissistic egomaniac if he said "I consider my games to be art, but most games to not be." But I think this is closer to the truth of his opinion.
I think what he said was that games contain art but are not art themselves

In any case, if he didn't consider Metal Gear and all his previous games to be art but he considers Death Stranding to be art, then it just goes to my point. You don't want to be regarded as an art form. Dangling respectability in front of a medium is often what leads to it becoming bland, boring, sterile and often woke. We've seen it with comics and now we're seeing it with vidya

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:12 pm

River City Ransom is closer to art than anything Kojima has ever made.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:07 am
Guest wrote:
He's Stated multiple times that he doesn't consider video games to be an art form
And? Most people don't, and the ones that do tend to make the kind of dry, pretentious drivel that Death Stranding is often accused of being
There are means of making artful games without making it pretentious.

Max Payne, Silent Hill, Ico, Moonman Etc. games like these took advantage of the medium they where in and set the standard for how to games as a means of storytelling (and they did it without turning it into a glorified interactive movie)

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:33 pm
There are means of making artful games without making it pretentious.
Yes but you've missed my point. You can make unpretentious, artful games, but what I said was that people overly concerned with whether or not games are art tend not to.

I'll bet you that if you asked the Silent Hill people, or even the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus people whether or not games are art, they might give a similar response to Kojima's.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:50 pm

"Muh game is art" is the "my cast is so diverse" when it comes to avoiding criticism, except games are now doing both.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:10 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:45 am
I find it funny Kojima doesn't consider games to be art, yet is constantly trying to court pedowood and make the kind of boring, walking sim shit that "games are art" people love, as guestfag said.

His games are art because their like the movies - The """real art""" :roll: And the less gameplay they have the better!