Get Woke, Go Broke Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Get Woke, Go Broke Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 07, 2019 11:06 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:56 pm
DA:O isn't bad. People are experiencing some kind of cognitive whatever because sequels turned out to be (allegedly) absolute mess.
Nope. I've never played any of the following games and dropped DA:O a few hours in because it was shit. Boring shit to be precise. The game practically plays itself and that's not something I like.
AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:56 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:25 pm
Two corrections: Dragon Age was never good and it's not KotoR gameplay but Baldur's Gate gameplay.
Nah it's closer to Kotor. Kotor and DA were both designed with home consoles and gamepads in mind, BG's design is much closer to PC strategy games where mouse is quite essential.
Jack shit is essential for Baldur's Gate. It also plays itself, like all of the Infinity engine games. All overrated walking simulators. Bioware and all of the games they made are and always were shit. "Okay" is the best they ever were with MDK 2 and Mass Effect 1.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue May 07, 2019 11:49 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:06 pm
Jack shit is essential for Baldur's Gate. It also plays itself, like all of the Infinity engine games. All overrated walking simulators. Bioware and all of the games they made are and always were shit. "Okay" is the best they ever were with MDK 2 and Mass Effect 1.
I actually agree with you. I don't want to because I used to love baldur's gate growing up, but after recently trying to play it again I was so fucking bored I couldn't get past the tutorial.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Wed May 08, 2019 1:00 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Jack shit is essential for Baldur's Gate. It also plays itself, like all of the Infinity engine games. All overrated walking simulators.
Planescape: Torment is the greatest visual novel the west ever made.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Nope. I've never played any of the following games and dropped DA:O a few hours in because it was shit. Boring shit to be precise. The game practically plays itself
It's so easy you could play it one handed. I feel like I know of one exact person who does that...

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 08, 2019 2:10 am

Guest wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:00 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Jack shit is essential for Baldur's Gate. It also plays itself, like all of the Infinity engine games. All overrated walking simulators.
Planescape: Torment is the greatest visual novel the west ever made.
It pretty much is a VN. Not a great one, though. Doesn't even have big anime tiddies to make up for it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed May 08, 2019 3:37 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:40 pm
Sometimes bad feeling towards a franchise has a delayed effect where you don't see it on THAT game, but on the next one.
AKA The Last Jedi effect. That movie made it's money back, but it hurt Solo, caused them to no longer make side movies and will hurt Episode 9. Same shit with this woke crap, sometimes it is like Wokenstein 2 where it sells like shit right away, sometimes it is like Andromeda where Ass Effect 3 pissed off so many people that people tolerate less shit.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Wed May 08, 2019 2:45 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:24 pm
Guest wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:07 pm
I wish the Get Woke, Go Broke meme were real. MK11 practically has every female character wrapped up in burkas and shao kahn spouting "make outworld great again!" because fuck appealing to straight guys and le orange man bad. And of course, what do you know, it's the best selling launch in the whole franchise because gamers are basically heroin junkies at this point and nothings gonna keep them from their latest dopamine surge. Get Woke, Go Broke is cope of the highest order.
Nice try but she's had a burka since MK9

She also has "boob window" outfits as well in MK11. Not trying to defend the games choices but that hill to die on isn't it chief.
Hey, I saw Age of Ultron too!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed May 08, 2019 2:59 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Nope. I've never played any of the following games and dropped DA:O a few hours in because it was shit.
I did the same thing. I dont really see much praise for DA:O anywhere nowadays.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 08, 2019 6:31 pm

Well, DA:O doesn't have IRON BULL.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Real-time D&D combat was a mistake.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 08, 2019 6:32 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:59 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Nope. I've never played any of the following games and dropped DA:O a few hours in because it was shit.
No but at release and up until 2 people couldn't tell enough great things about it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed May 08, 2019 11:53 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:59 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
When I go specifically looking for opinions on dragon age, everyone still says Origins was the best one. I guess that's like being the least ugly man in Movieblob's family.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome