Vampire: The Masquerade 2 Goes Woke

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Vampire: The Masquerade 2 Goes Woke

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am

Was this a case of "Let's put all of the stuff from the tabletop into this game, even if it doesn't really have much use here"?
mad bum wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:24 am
Dudes in trenchcoats with big fucking guns shooting the shit out of ghosts, that's the masq I love.
If you're doing anything else, you're playing the game wrong.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:29 am

Ah, the vampiric trench coat - the best way conceal a katana.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:53 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am
Was this a case of "Let's put all of the stuff from the tabletop into this game, even if it doesn't really have much use here"?
Kinda? The characters and their clans you play are fixed. Unfortunately you always have 2 boring Brujah in your party at nearly all times. What's not fixed howeve is the skills you can learn. Every single discipline is open to your characters and thus your 'spellbook' will become a clusterfuck of OP shit and totally useless garbage.

The shittiest thing about the game is that the party AI is so dumb that they keep on wasting all of their Blood renewing their disciplines every time they switch from one enemy to the next. This means that in the first 10 seconds of combat their blood pool is empty, they'll frenzy and they'll start to attack/eat you. I always set their AI to 'wait' and proceed to do the entire area by myself. After everything is dead, I'll set em to follow so they can help me carry all of the loot.

Still, the game is pretty fun and worth checking out. It's got the right kind of mood, especially the dark ages segment is really cool. You'd definitely get some entertainment out of it, even if you're just playing the first bit in Prague and Vienna.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:16 am

TL;DR Gothic fiction is long pozzed & Dead, and water is in fact - wet.

Ever since the Twilight franchise, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The Zombie Craze of the late 2000's/early 2010's, and the teen goth subculture ("I'm not like the other girls *tee-hee*)

Before it was Capeshit it was Gothshit (But still shit none the less)

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:43 pm

Don't forget about the "punk" interlude, making both lowtech and 80s-tech Sci-fi gayer than Christopher Street Day.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:51 pm

Punks and goths were the OG special snowflakes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:09 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am
mad bum wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:24 am
Dudes in trenchcoats with big fucking guns shooting the shit out of ghosts, that's the masq I love.
If you're doing anything else, you're playing the game wrong.
D gonna give it to ya :

Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow