Google Stadia: how do you do fellow kids edition

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Google Stadia: how do you do fellow kids edition

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:50 am

I think they might deliberately choose to use him. They give him the bad news nobody else is willing to say.
No matter which version you go with you will have to pay separately for the games on the streaming service, even though you won’t own the games and you can’t play them offline.
Oh boy. What a great service!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:21 am

It's portable but you still have to be connected to your super-fast wifi? So it's not portable at all then?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Cool. I always wanted to pay 60 dollaridingdongs to play The Last of Cucks on my tiny-ass phone screen with a shitty Blutooth pad in the five square meters that offer LTE in my region! Nintedie Switch on suicide watch!

Edit:
Bonus retardation!
“That, and, “In theory, the Stadia version of a game is going to be at the highest-possible quality of innovation and sophistication on the game engine side.”
Yeah, nigger, developers will just switch the engine of an old gaym to make it look better on Stadia. Because that's something that's regularly done and easily possible, right?
Does Google hand out crack to it's employees?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:16 pm

Dafuq does that even mean? And why only "in theory"? Are they hoping the developers will somehow make their ports easier to stream or something?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:43 pm

So no advantage over pc or consoles and games at the same price, sounds like an incredible investment.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:02 pm

The best part is his assumption that they will make better-looking versions of games for Stadia.
Yeah, sure, in a time where Ubisoft downgrades PC versions and even console versions of the stronger console to have none look better than the others, that's totally realistic. DICE doesn't even give PC more than a shitty console port but I'm sure EA will eyeball that 0,03% of the user base that plays on Stadia and have them make a premium Battlefield version just for it.
Except that it'll likely not have any EA games at all because I doubt they will run Origin on Stadia.

I'm questioning Google's intentions with Stadia. Everything points to it being a massive failure. What do they really want to do with it?
Bobito wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:43 pm
So no advantage over pc or consoles and games at the same price, sounds like an incredible investment.
Also neccessarily always online, input lag and only full HD if you've got at the very least 1MB internet.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:04 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:02 pm
I'm questioning Google's intentions with Stadia. Everything points to it being a massive failure. What do they really want to do with it?
Same thing they want to do with everything else they own. Control you.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:12 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:04 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:02 pm
Same thing they want to do with everything else they own. Control you.
Sure, I get that part. I just don't know how they expect Stadia to do that since it's bound to be a non-starter.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:32 pm

Maybe all of those diversity hires are starting to reach critical mass.
-Yours Truly

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:30 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:12 pm
Sure, I get that part. I just don't know how they expect Stadia to do that since it's bound to be a non-starter.
Google+ was a non-starter. Didn't stop them from trying. These people are serially malicious and serially incompetent in equal measure.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.