Google Stadia: how do you do fellow kids edition

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Google Stadia: how do you do fellow kids edition

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:01 pm
Probably already been said, but countries like Aussiestraya are probably fucked if they want to play this dumb shit due to their shitty internets.

Yeah, not paying for a game that I don't physically own, paying for a subscription on top of that, and then losing the game if/when the service stops. This is beyond retarded and even the worst beta cuck soyboys will probably skip out on this.
A lot of burgerclap internet isn't very good either. Wi-fi is auto trash and don't even get me started on Australia tier rural satellite connections.
It's been brought up before but Google loves shutting down services because of mismanagement. Google Stadia shutting down is inevitable.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:01 pm
Yeah, not paying for a game that I don't physically own, paying for a subscription on top of that, and then losing the game if/when the service stops. This is beyond retarded and even the worst beta cuck soyboys will probably skip out on this.
I think you might lose a game even if the service is still going. This type of setup makes it really convenient to rotate games out of your current streaming lineup, either because it's too old, not popular enough, or you lost the license.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:40 pm
CIANIgger wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:41 am
So they expect me to pat full price for games I don't physically own and will lose access to the second the service goes under or Google decides to unperson me for wrong think? Just what I've always wanted!
I mean it's not like gaymers don't do the same with Steam.
People don't give a shit what kind of mental gymnastics you come up with, if they lose their games they gonna go ballistic regardless. Unless it is a service where it's clear from the start but then people won't be willing to shell out money for a single game and rather pay a subscription.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:22 pm

So how do they plan on doing multiplayer stuff? CoD for example does client hosting, do they just host that as well somehow? What's with games that use dedicated servers?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:23 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:22 pm
So how do they plan on doing multiplayer stuff? CoD for example does client hosting, do they just host that as well somehow? What's with games that use dedicated servers?
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll say absolutely nothing until after launch when everyone yells at them like all game companies do rather than actually manage their shit properly.

I just realised something, they have Phil Harrison doing the PR. The same Phil Harrison who did PR for Sony at E3 2006 (who said "controller vibration is a last gen feature"). The same Phil Harrison who did PR during the terrible Xbone launch. This guy is bad luck and will doom the Stadia just by being there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

>Pre-Order now and you get to set your name before anyone else

This is some giant enemy crab shit. The memes will be killer. 8-)
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:26 am

Them bragging rights for securing xXxVapeNaish420xXx as a nick, tho!
And wow, Destiny 2, bro? I get to play that anywhere (with a $150 Internet connection) totally unlike any other console that I'd carry somewhere else?

Just preorderer it!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:00 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:23 am
(who said "controller vibration is a last gen feature").
https://www.destructoid.com/sony-says-r ... 0080.phtml

Never got the point of this. They randomly added vibration and it servers no function other than being a health hazard.

The first thing I did when I got my Xbox controller is empty out the rumble packs. These motherfuckers are heavy, never seen something add so much unnecessary weight.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:28 pm

I triggers me every time if some game has vibrator mode on on default. Fucking annoying.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:30 pm

I can do this with a controller speaking of vibrating, weird flex but yeah I was unbeatable at mario party.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:05 am

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/06/g ... les/87482/
In a recent roundtable interview, Stadia’s Phil Harrison has explained that you shouldn’t expect the games on the streaming platform to cost any less than other standard full-priced AAA titles.
No matter which version you go with you will have to pay separately for the games on the streaming service, even though you won’t own the games and you can’t play them offline.
So not only are you beholden to Google and their service to play the games you purchase, but the games may be as expensive as their physical counterparts.

Many common-sense people (a seemingly rare trait in humans these days) noted in the comment section of the Eurogamer article that Stadia offers no consumer benefits whatsoever.
Every fucking time with Phil Harrison, he always has to front the media about the shitty bullshit with his company's product that's about to launch. $599USD, always online Xbone and now this. Either the guy has terrible bad luck or he is the one making these dumb decisions and yet somehow still gets hired. Also:
“The value you get from the game on Stadia means you can play it on any screen in your life – TV, PC, laptop, tablet, phone. I think that is going to be valuable to players.
>If I say "It's portable" I'll get that Soyboy Switch Tax money

Nintendo took fucking decades to get that loyal soyboy audience, so did Star Wars. You can't just do that overnight dumbass.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.