What game will go free to play first.

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

What game will go free to play first.

Anthem
10%
The Division 2
15%
Fallout 76
75%
Rage 2
No votes

Total votes: 20

rabidtictac

Re: What game will go free to play first.

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:52 am

Free2Pay will never die because it's a genius business model, in a way.

So your marketing guys just told you that they've been analyzing trends and they noticed that 10% or fewer of users are accounting for 95% of profits your company is making.

Well, holy shit! You suddenly realize that, if you want to make more money, you need to attract more of those gambler mofos with addictive personalities. The quality of your product is irrelevant. More eyes on the game means more potential addicts to get hooked, which means more money for you.

So what can you do? Lower the barrier of entry. Make the game cheaper and cheaper until eventually making it fucking free entirely. Because if you do make it free and someone spends $10 on the game, they'll PERCEIVE the game as having been free even though they basically spent $10 for the game. And plenty of people will download a game just because it's free and try it out.

The path to winning is therefore to make the game free but fill it with as much microtransaction bullshit as you possibly can. Make it as hard as possible to extract any fun out of the game without spending money. You want the game just "fun" enough that they don't uninstall it, but not so fun they won't feel pushed to spend money.

It's a model that works extremely fucking well.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:40 pm

I'm gonna go with the Division 2...just for giggles. Though to be honest, I see Anthem entering the F2P thing far earlier than Fallout if only for Howard and Pete Hines being the slimmy skuzbags they are never letting it go free because that would be like fully admitting their mistakes and that they make bullshit games. EA on the other hand, if Anthem fails, they can kill Biocuck, have the assets there and use them as promotion of their new and enhanced Biofrost engine and as a showcase of how "much better" the Origin service is nowadays and latter use the same assets for some other faggy game they want.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 pm

ban wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:40 pm
EA on the other hand, if Anthem fails, they can kill Biocuck,
This is the only reason why I hope Anthem will bomb. Otherwise, I don't give the slightest fuck about it and never have. But if Bioware finally gets fucking nuked that'd be, at last, EA killing off a studio that fully deserved it. I want every single last motherfucker working for Bioware to get the boot.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:30 am

I'm not caught up on bioware. What did they do aside from making Ass Effect 3 and Androgynous?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:33 am

theyve been total garbage since DA2 and ME2, those 2 included btw not after those.
Also one of the devs on the frontlines pushing SJW propaganda
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:12 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:33 am
theyve been total garbage since DA2 and ME2,
Also on of the devs on the frontlines pushing SJW propaganda
This right here. Worst ultra SJW dev currently around, have made nothing but utter garbage for half an eternity and were always overhyped to begin with.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:54 am

I think the last couple games have been successful solely because of the opportunity for hot yaoi and/or beastiality action. It felt pretty satisfying when their usualy strategy of NPCs going "Let me tell you my entire life story at the slightest provocation" triggered SJWs when some tranny in Andromeda did it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 pm
ban wrote:
This is the only reason why I hope Anthem will bomb. Otherwise, I don't give the slightest fuck about it and never have. But if Bioware finally gets fucking nuked that'd be, at last, EA killing off a studio that fully deserved it. I want every single last motherfucker working for Bioware to get the boot.
But what will Orcril do without her tranny minotaurs?

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:40 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 pm
ban wrote:
But what will Orcril do without her tranny minotaurs?
She can still find a suit for her dad to put on at roleplaying fests.

Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

ban

Post by ban » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:12 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:54 am
I think the last couple games have been successful solely because of the opportunity for hot yaoi and/or beastiality action. It felt pretty satisfying when their usualy strategy of NPCs going "Let me tell you my entire life story at the slightest provocation" triggered SJWs when some tranny in Andromeda did it.
It's always been that way. If they ever were upfront with their kinks and that they wanted to make faggy Trek Wars with pew-pew lazors instead of light-up sticks, nobody would have bought Mass Effect, similarily to Dragon Age. If they were upfront about it, nobody would buy their shitty MMO-lite "RPG" with lore as deep as that yaoi bull from DA3. :lol:

But the thing is, they aren't so much of a problem as the fans they cultivated over the years, be they Stockholm syndrome manbabies nethrolled with the "Deep, mature storyline for totes adults and adult gaming" which is slang for "my game contains words like fuck and I can have sex in it" when in comparisson the Batman animated series from the 90s is a more mature, thought provoking, deep, psychological, character driven and serious story throughout its one off episodes and the series deals with a rich boy that dresses up like a bat and punches some gay clown in the face every sunday. Or the worst of them, the tumblrfags who euther fully embrace their disgusting kinks found in the deepest lairs of degeneracy or the closet faggots who act like the first group but always say that to hide the fact they can't buy yaoi games and thus get the next best thing.

Bioware exemplifies the very core of the modern AAA game dev, people who thought games were the enxt fad after films and comics and got there just to be the rockstars and make their own fanfiction based on things they liked and everyone should have some idea what they like when Casey Hudson talked about how the studio was a fun of Top Gun and Star Trek Voyager : hint, it wasn't the laser, planes or space.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow