Gundam games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
ban

Gundam games

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:31 pm

Post your favourite games about greedy, capitalist Earthers and retarded space Nazis that love the colour red or whatever the far superior alternate universes often do, like a parody of Street Fighter and Dragon Ball. :lol:

Apart from the very obvious favourite Gundam Vs series, with Gundam Vs Gundam and Gundam Extreme VS :

I'd say my next favourites are these two : Gundam Battle Universe and Gundam Musou 3.

Gundam Musou is your standard musou but Battle Universe is quite the oddity for a number of reasons one of them being that it tries to be an accurate Gundam simulator, to the point of not only having multiple scenarios to fully experience both sides of the war in the U.C. up until that point(or three sides, in Zeta gundam) and even locked enemy pilots and enemy mobile suits in the other scenarios. The combat was mainly shooting focused and the melee was...very clunky as it usually is in Gundam of the U.C., with almost no pizzaz or glamour, just robots smashing each other in the face or melting each other with laser swords compared to the acrobatic antiques present in all the other games I mentioned. Yet despite that I still love it, even though I think the Macross game made by the same developer are far superior. I have to say that I'm still waiting for my copy of Gundam Side Stories for the PS3 see if that knocks out Battle Universe though.

And then you have my guilty pleasure, Gundam breaker 2 :

There's just something really fun going full retard like you do in a Soul Calibur custom character screen and then just go to town on your opponents with your monstrocity. :lol: Coop from Megas XLR would be proud. :mrgreen:

So what are your favourite gundam games? I'm half-expecting Tictac or Voice to come out with either Ghiren's Greed or the G-Generation series.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Gundam games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:36 pm

ACTUAL LEE, the closest thing to a Gundam game I ever touched was Super Robot Wars.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:38 pm

I remember I had this for the Playstation
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:48 pm

I’m fanboy of sd gundam games and played most of the ps1 and psp versions, the last one I played was overworld which was very comfy to play because of The amount of characters and ms involved of more obscure and kinda non canon mangas and novels(like g generation F in ps1),apparently soon they will release another one focused in alternate universes this time, too bad I don’t have a gaystation 4.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:02 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:36 pm
ACTUAL LEE, the closest thing to a Gundam game I ever touched was Super Robot Wars.
Dammit man, why are you hitting all of my buttons and getting straight to my favourites? :lol: Too bad the new SRW are on the mobile, even though they put Devilman and the fucking Megazord from Sentai / PR.
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:55 pm

Only Gendum game I ever played was Journey to Jaburo. Didn't get far I didn't realize you had to use the directional buttons and not the analog stick to move. I was never good at video games.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:13 pm

ban wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:02 pm
Dammit man, why are you hitting all of my buttons and getting straight to my favourites? :lol: Too bad the new SRW are on the mobile, even though they put Devilman and the fucking Megazord from Sentai / PR.
Also speaking of SRW, my favorite "Gundams" are actually the Huckebeins. Must be the superior color schemes, I guess.
Also at least the Mk. III throws what is basically the cross sub-weapon from Castlevania, which is pretty cool.

Doing crossovers with sentai doesn't actually surprise me considering:

a) Super Sentai has lotsa Super Robots
b) They already did at least one spin-off featuring both the original (I think) Kamen Rider and Ultraman (which also happens to be canon on a franchise-wide scale because that spin-off is also the origin story for everyone's favorite dimension traveller Gilliam Yaeger)
c) They already had at least one game with Magic Knight Rayearth, so why not go straight to the sentai source
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:54 pm

Superior taste. Helps they are an amazing base for some of the more wild designs in the "Real" line of robots in SRW, from the humble Huckebein MK-II, to Exbein, to the R-Blades and finally shit like the Wild Falken and beyond. I don't think there's a single design in that line that I at least don't like.

The problem wasn't that it happened, it's that it was requested so much for so many years(and they could have done it with SRW W on the DS for example, or the series on PSP) but chose to put it in now on a mobile game where the main attraction is gaining units that have different stats depending on how slutty the pilot is.

And it has gacha elements because...of course!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Fuuuck, my eyes glanced over the "mobile" part. This is all kinds of sad.

(And I even like weird Huckebein offshoots like the Wildschwein, which is just some Huckebein prototype and effectively just a better Gespenst MK-II M. Still find that arm-mounted energy ring blade thingie rad as hell.)
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:19 pm

If it's any kind of consolation, the new Jam Project song, D.D.(Dimension Diver) is pretty rad so, there's that.

Give it a rad ost and you got magic :

He warned youShow