Gundam games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: Gundam games

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:05 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:38 pm
I remember I had this for the Playstation
I got a copy of Battle Assault 2 a couple of years back, the sprite work is gorgeous and holds up well.

This is a great thread and a reminder that I need to play more Gundam/Mecha games.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:18 pm

ban wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:19 pm
Give it a rad ost and you got magic :

Good ol' Ingram. Too bad you have to murder the shit out of him later.

And when is a SRW ost not rad? Even the theme for the loli pilots in their loli mechs is rad:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:25 pm

Dunno if every SRW ost is rad but they are all at least awesome. 8-) Even the memetic ones like good old :

Never gets old. :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:31 pm

The most unofficial and best Char clone.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:43 pm

In two different instances as well mind you.
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 am

(The guy in this video sucks ass at the game btw)

Gundam 0081 is a fantastic mobile suit simulator. It really conveys that feeling of mass and weight without requiring an obnoxiously-difficult control scheme. Taking place at the very tail of the war, it features all the standard mobile suits. There are two storylines you can follow. As you play these, you will be issued more powerful suits as part of the story. You can freely move yourself and your squad between suits as you please and equip whatever you wish.

But the best part of this game is the merc mode. You can select to play as either a federation or zeon merc, which opens up a new, modified campaign. You will be issued two team members and three standard mechs of low quality. So, for the federation side, you might be given a GM, a guntank mass production model and a ground GM. The Zeon side start out with standard Zaku 1s and a single Zaku IIF.

I really like this mode a lot. It's obviously a little too grindy and you'll have to play the same stages over and over to farm up money, because the levels are extremely hard if you go into them with base level suits. But this game, more than any other gundam game, really gives you the feeling of how the suits stack up. By playing merc mode, you'll gain an appreciation for just what an improvement the Zaku IIF was over the standard Zaku I. The first time you get a Zaku IIS and a decent weapon loadout, you'll be amazed at how much more powerful you are than the enemy's tanks, aircraft and standard GMs. Fights that would be impossible in a Zaku IIF are child's play in a Gouf Custom.

In addition, you can customize your mobile suits and "evolve" them into special variants. There are a massive amount of mobile suits you can get and develop. The only problem with this mode is, again, how much grinding you'll need to do. The mode was built around online that doesn't exist anymore. But it's still great fun and I played long enough to earn a Ground Gundam for my Feddie merc and Hygogg, Gouf Custom and Gelgoog for my Zeon pilot.

BTW the Dom is a super fun suit in this game. It moves fast as fuck thanks to the hover jets.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:57 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 am

(The guy in this video sucks ass at the game btw)

Gundam 0081 is a fantastic mobile suit simulator. It really conveys that feeling of mass and weight without requiring an obnoxiously-difficult control scheme. Taking place at the very tail of the war, it features all the standard mobile suits. There are two storylines you can follow. As you play these, you will be issued more powerful suits as part of the story. You can freely move yourself and your squad between suits as you please and equip whatever you wish.

But the best part of this game is the merc mode. You can select to play as either a federation or zeon merc, which opens up a new, modified campaign. You will be issued two team members and three standard mechs of low quality. So, for the federation side, you might be given a GM, a guntank mass production model and a ground GM. The Zeon side start out with standard Zaku 1s and a single Zaku IIF.

I really like this mode a lot. It's obviously a little too grindy and you'll have to play the same stages over and over to farm up money, because the levels are extremely hard if you go into them with base level suits. But this game, more than any other gundam game, really gives you the feeling of how the suits stack up. By playing merc mode, you'll gain an appreciation for just what an improvement the Zaku IIF was over the standard Zaku I. The first time you get a Zaku IIS and a decent weapon loadout, you'll be amazed at how much more powerful you are than the enemy's tanks, aircraft and standard GMs. Fights that would be impossible in a Zaku IIF are child's play in a Gouf Custom.

In addition, you can customize your mobile suits and "evolve" them into special variants. There are a massive amount of mobile suits you can get and develop. The only problem with this mode is, again, how much grinding you'll need to do. The mode was built around online that doesn't exist anymore. But it's still great fun and I played long enough to earn a Ground Gundam for my Feddie merc and Hygogg, Gouf Custom and Gelgoog for my Zeon pilot.

BTW the Dom is a super fun suit in this game. It moves fast as fuck thanks to the hover jets.
Goddamn now I want to play that, I've been looking for a game that conveys the feel of the suit without sucky controls as you said. The moon runes intimidate me, guess I'd just have to blunder through or use my phone to translate. You'd think with all the games that have options to change all text to a specific language here the Japanese would just once think of their weeb fans and add a full english menu.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

ban

Post by ban » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:31 am

From the same developer, now merged with Super Robot Wars' Banpresto, is the sequel that I mentioned earlier :

In case you're interested tictac.
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:31 am

ban wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:31 am
From the same developer, now merged with Super Robot Wars' Banpresto, is the sequel that I mentioned earlier :

In case you're interested tictac.
I've seen it, but there are things about the way it looks that make me less interested. It seems to be faster-paced and more arcadey.

This game, for Gamecube, is quite good. It was my introduction to import titles. You can play both sides of the war and a bunch of levels taken from the OVAs. The combat is similar to the ps3 game I linked above. One of the big advantages of this game is the level of control you have over your allied units. You can select from multiple orders, set waypoints and modify everything mid-fight. The game is hard as fuck, so you're required to micromanage every resource you are given.

If you don't want to import, Zeonic Front is well-known among Gundamfags. It's on the ps2.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:29 pm

I've never played a Gundam game or seen the anime for that matter. I don't like human-shaped mechs. There's a reason why I only like the clan mechs in Mechwarrior.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!