Gundam games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Gundam games

Post by mad bum » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:32 am

The only good gundam was G gundam because it was stupid and fun, though robotech is just better than gundam anyway. Now I want to watch some sub macross because I've seen the dub a million times.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:21 am

Rule of thumb = actually good gundam games are not gundam games

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:41 pm

Assault Suits Valken has all the dope. The only thing missing is some Armored-Core-tier customization.

(I guess Front Mission Gun Hazard is a bit like that, but it's too low-tech for space shenanigans.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:55 pm

Kugel would probably like Armored Core 3, with all the tank variations you can make with gun arms. I think you can even make a robot with no arms at all and mount super-heavy shoulder weapons on it instead.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:16 pm

The most armless arms are ones that are basically just missile pods plugged into your shoulder sockets, if I remember correctly.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:16 pm
The most armless arms are ones that are basically just missile pods plugged into your shoulder sockets, if I remember correctly.
You can actually remove your arms entirely and have an armless frame, and just mount heavier shoulder weapons.

This works best on a tank or quad body, so that you can use your shoulder guns while moving.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:44 pm

Okay, that must be an addition from later 3rd gen games, or those PSP remakes. I just tried doing this in Silent LIne, and it gave me an "Incomplete Design" message and automatically added some arms when I went back to the design section.
-Yours Truly

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:47 pm

I've never played any From Software games, what's the best Armored Core? I looked up the weeb wiki and it recommended AC3 but I'm not sure.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:41 pm
Assault Suits Valken has all the dope. The only thing missing is some Armored-Core-tier customization.

(I guess Front Mission Gun Hazard is a bit like that, but it's too low-tech for space shenanigans.)
It's a matter of preference but Valken is better designed overall imo, customization is hard to implement because balance issues. I initially thought Gun Hazard was fucking great but mid-late game became rather tedious because certain weapons were op while the rest sucked.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:54 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:47 pm
I've never played any From Software games, what's the best Armored Core? I looked up the weeb wiki and it recommended AC3 but I'm not sure.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:41 pm

It's a matter of preference but Valken is better designed overall imo, customization is hard to implement because balance issues. I initially thought Gun Hazard was fucking great but mid-late game became rather tedious because certain weapons were op while the rest sucked.
It's AC3 if you can find a control scheme that works for you. The PSP version has fully mappable controls and you can pirate that easily. 3 Portable contains extra content not found in the vanilla version.

AC4 and For Answer are too "super robot" for me. They're good games but move much faster and feel more like zone of the enders.

AC5 was supposedly really bad. And AC1 and 2 are just less-polished versions of AC3 and Silent Line. With fewer parts.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:10 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:47 pm
Man, I'm loving that quality google translate:
Armored Core Last Raven wrote:Old AC final work. A pleasant adjustment, but a new unpopular element.
Armored Core for Answer wrote:AC4 successor. Some PV fraud and mud pool regulation, but one player is ◎.
Armored Core 3 Portable wrote:It is nice to play easily with a portable device, but it is completely transplanted to a bug.
Weirdly poetic at times.
-Yours Truly