Randy Bitchford: Embezzler and Possible Pedo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Randy Bitchford: Embezzler and Possible Pedo

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:21 am

I'll do like I did with Borderlands and Borderlands 2 and not play it.
Is Spoony dead yet?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:07 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:50 pm
Optimism is the most Reddit emotion.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:58 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:50 pm
Optimism is the most Reddit emotion.
You're right. Good stuff like that never happens.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:29 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:12 am
I hope it fails hard and Randy finally eats a ton of shit.
I want the game to be good. Randy seems like he's already been eating shit weekly for some time. I've seen parts of the reveal stream and he had to be on coke - babbling incoherently, scaring other people on the stage when he started randomly shouting, doing shitty magic tricks (because of course) and has been given the nickname Sweaty Randy, because he wouldn't stop sweating like a pig the whole time.

I've looked it up and apparently Gearbox has around 350 employees. What the fuck are these people even doing? Last good game in couple of years they published (not even developed) was Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, aside from Failborn they haven't done anything relevant in years, just re-releases. Randy probably owes mafia ton of money at this point.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:54 pm

I want BL3 to be good but I'm skeptical. Pre sequel did some things right and a lot of things wrong. The most important aspect of borderlands games is a viable endgame/postgame. Pre sequel completely fucked that up.

I'm not a huge fan of the new vault hunter designs. The siren and robot seem like the only good ones. Just a warning: expect the game to be drowning in DLC from the jump. BL2 definitely was. It's not a bad value NOW because the handsome collection exists, but expect BL3 to have about $200 worth of dlc before it's done. Assuming the game sells well.

Most of the gearbox games to come out have been trash. Only the borderlands series was any good.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:22 am

I had a lot of fun playing BL2 with friends, but we've never finished all the DLCs. I'll admit that it was good fun, but even with Borderlands, the looter-shooter concept isn't viable long-term as far as I am concerned because you just get bored fighting the AI - there is just so much time and money that can go into making enemies more varied or progress the gameplay loop to keep you interested. I think I have around 80 hours in BL2, which is pretty good, but I've played the base game at least twice with different groups, which is why I've never finished the DLCs - and I've probably missed out, because in case of many games, the DLC can be better than the base game (when it's more like classic expansions and not just cash in).

Given Gearbox's recent record, one has to be skeptical. I haven't bothered with the pre-sequel precisely because I've heard it did some things well while others terribly, and I honestly wasn't the biggest fan of the series - I've stopped playing the first game after like 10 hours, because it wasn't all the entertaining. So this one is obviously "wait for reviews and gameplay", then I'll probably pick it up when discounted if it's good. I remember getting BL2 in a bulk of 4 where one copy was like third of the full price.

Oh and I absolutely expect them to go full Overkill with DLCs if the game does well. Payday 2 is a fun game despite many issues it has, and because nowdays there is so much content, but they've milked it since release with like 10 DLCs per year and only like 2 years ago released "complete edition", which still wasn't a complete edition, but at least it was actually a good deal for once.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:21 pm

The best dlcs in borderlands 2 are captain scarlett and torgue. Tiny Tina has good loot but shitty missions and hammerlock's DLC is fucking terrible.

My plan for borderlands 3 is to get a vanilla copy in like a year or two when they're $10. Then get the complete edition for $40ish whenever that comes out in five years.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:01 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:21 pm
The best dlcs in borderlands 2 are captain scarlett and torgue. Tiny Tina has good loot but shitty missions and hammerlock's DLC is fucking terrible.

My plan for borderlands 3 is to get a vanilla copy in like a year or two when they're $10. Then get the complete edition for $40ish whenever that comes out in five years.
If you're on PC usually you can play a pirated copy through a virtual LAN, which is probably what I plan to do since these games go cheap quick. Side note also, borderlands 1 is getting an update as well.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:22 am
Oh and I absolutely expect them to go full Overkill with DLCs if the game does well.
Speaking of them, they might just fold. Their Starbreeze adventure with the The Walking Dead game and pissing away all their money on some shitty VR device that never had a chance left them in a terrible state.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:47 pm

I really hope they don't fuck borderlands 1 with the rerelease. I hope it's JUST a graphical update. BL1 does have problems, but it also has things it does massively more successfully than any other borderlands game, and I don't trust gearbox to update the game without fucking those things up. Borderlands 1 is a lot more rewarding of a game to play because you can get a good gun in any rarity, which just doesn't happen in BL2 and TPS.
RAPEMAN wrote: