Randy Bitchford: Embezzler and Possible Pedo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Randy Bitchford: Embezzler and Possible Pedo

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:41 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:53 am
And then later there were all the shitty nostalgiabait "gaymes" like Duke Nukem Forever and the third person one (Time to Kill.)
Theres a bunch of weird third person Dick Nudem games for consoles that nobody has ever played.
I think there were two for the PSX. The early 3D console era was a glorious period. We were too proud to see it though.

Then there's this anomoly. 16 bit DN3D... on the Genesis.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:06 am

Frame Rater is bretty gud, watch him.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:00 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:14 pm
Blood is much better.

Apart from being a fun game overall with cool gimmicks like fire spreading and other shit, it’s a love letter to movie geeks and horror fans. I bet Rusy would dig it. I like how the weapons were early 20th century stuff with some fictional ones that fit the era too.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Jiangshi

Post by Jiangshi » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:17 am

I definitely agree about Blood being the best build engine game. Stabbing enemies in the throat with a pitchfork or listening to their screams while they burn to death is pure kino. I also prefer the Caleb protagonist over Duke Nukem.

That being said, regarding old school fps i have a preference for all the ones with sprite based enemies over early polygons, so all of the build engine games are high up my list. Having a sprite based death animation where you see your enemies' intestines spill out or body tear apart is much better than having the enemy gib into a bunch of undefined meat loafs.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:34 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:53 am
Dick Niggem 3D was alright, but not the rest. Not that there even was a "the rest," just map packs sold as expansions. And then later there were all the shitty nostalgiabait "gaymes" like Duke Nukem Forever and the third person one (Time to Kill.)

I prefer DOOM and DOOM II over Duke, for sure. My scale goes something like:

DOOM II
DOOM
Quake
Duke 3D
Unreal (the ones I played)
Wolfenstein 3D
.... (big gap) ...
Painkiller
Other shitty remakes of old-school fps games
... (big gap) ...
Wokenstein
NuDOOM and NuDOOM 2
Duke Nukem Forever
I see a problematic lack of Hexen in that list

Btw, the best class was the mage, not the cleric.
Good luck running out of ammo mana at maximum difficulty and your only weapon is the mace.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:59 am

Jiangshi wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:17 am
I definitely agree about Blood being the best build engine game. Stabbing enemies in the throat with a pitchfork or listening to their screams while they burn to death is pure kino. I also prefer the Caleb protagonist over Duke Nukem.

That being said, regarding old school fps i have a preference for all the ones with sprite based enemies over early polygons, so all of the build engine games are high up my list. Having a sprite based death animation where you see your enemies' intestines spill out or body tear apart is much better than having the enemy gib into a bunch of undefined meat loafs.
Again, my nigga! I’ve been playing the AVP games, the gore is that kind of hilarious chunks you speak of, but with a bit more detail in 2. I like games where an enemy can lose a limb but keep fighting, Turok 2 had those enemies who’d pull a Predator and self detonate after you injured them.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:38 am

Complicity wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:34 am

I see a problematic lack of Hexen in that list

Btw, the best class was the mage, not the cleric.
Good luck running out of ammo mana at maximum difficulty and your only weapon is the mace.
I prefer Heretic to Hexen. I should have put both on the list though, along with Blood. But I have a bad memory and forgot them.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:17 am

People give Hexen shit because of the puzzles and backtracking. It is a bit too much and unnecessary. Otherwise it's a great game and I actually prefer it to Heretic.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Blood is kino as is the death wish mod.

Jiangshi

Post by Jiangshi » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:15 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:59 am
Jiangshi wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:17 am

Again, my nigga! I’ve been playing the AVP games, the gore is that kind of hilarious chunks you speak of, but with a bit more detail in 2. I like games where an enemy can lose a limb but keep fighting, Turok 2 had those enemies who’d pull a Predator and self detonate after you injured them.
The bloody chunks were kind of the industry standard for polygonal enemies back then (Quake, UT, AVP as you mentioned, etc.). I don't even mind it when the pieces actually resemble body parts or organs instead of random bloody flesh polygons (the only way in which i prefer OpenArena over the real Quake III Arena is that among the gibs is an actual heart which hilariously still pumps blood).

The Turok games were among the best examples of awesome polygonal gore. Turok has this amazing death animation where you open a vein in the enemy's neck and he struggles as a string of blood pumps out. Seeing an enemy die like that after a knife hit is top notch.

For some stupid reason the quality of the feedback mechanisms regressed in the 00's. In many newer games shooting someone leads to nothing but a lazy blood cloud showing at the point of impact rather than the enemy screaming "Mein Leben!" while faceplanting.