Randy Bitchford: Embezzler and Possible Pedo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: Randy Bitchford: Embezzler and Possible Pedo

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:21 pm

Jiangshi wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:15 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:59 am
Jiangshi wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:17 am
I definitely agree about Blood being the best build engine game. Stabbing enemies in the throat with a pitchfork or listening to their screams while they burn to death is pure kino. I also prefer the Caleb protagonist over Duke Nukem.

That being said, regarding old school fps i have a preference for all the ones with sprite based enemies over early polygons, so all of the build engine games are high up my list. Having a sprite based death animation where you see your enemies' intestines spill out or body tear apart is much better than having the enemy gib into a bunch of undefined meat loafs.
Again, my nigga! I’ve been playing the AVP games, the gore is that kind of hilarious chunks you speak of, but with a bit more detail in 2. I like games where an enemy can lose a limb but keep fighting, Turok 2 had those enemies who’d pull a Predator and self detonate after you injured them.
The bloody chunks were kind of the industry standard for polygonal enemies back then (Quake, UT, AVP as you mentioned, etc.). I don't even mind it when the pieces actually resemble body parts or organs instead of random bloody flesh polygons (the only way in which i prefer OpenArena over the real Quake III Arena is that among the gibs is an actual heart which hilariously still pumps blood).

The Turok games were among the best examples of awesome polygonal gore. Turok has this amazing death animation where you open a vein in the enemy's neck and he struggles as a string of blood pumps out. Seeing an enemy die like that after a knife hit is top notch.

For some stupid reason the quality of the feedback mechanisms regressed in the 00's. In many newer games shooting someone leads to nothing but a lazy blood cloud showing at the point of impact rather than the enemy screaming "Mein Leben!" while faceplanting.
I haven’t gotten it yet but the gore in Shogo: Mobile Armor Division is hilarious.

Speaking of old games, anyone got any recommendations from the era we’ve been talking about? I’m interested in Hexen and Heretic now, and was looking at the first two Deus Ex and System Shock games. Thoughts on those?
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:46 pm

System Shock is pretty good.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Jiangshi

Post by Jiangshi » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:06 pm

I can recommend Redneck Rampage, Chasm: The Rift, Killing Time and Rise of the Triad from that era. Also, while technically a new game, Ion Fury is surprisingly solid.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:26 pm

Don't give the faggot devs of Ion Fury any money, though. It's a GOG release so a free version should be easy to find.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Jiangshi

Post by Jiangshi » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:03 pm

Seems like i missed something. What did they do?

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:21 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:26 pm
Don't give the faggot devs of Ion Fury any money, though.
Don't worry, nobody actually PAYS for video games, right?
Jiangshi wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:03 pm
I don't know what or if they did anything but you should just assume every gayme developer is a shitlib twitter addicted faggot. These retro FPS faggots are just as pozed as anybody else, maybe even more so.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:53 pm

Jiangshi wrote:
Bent over and removed an art asset of some shampoo bottle sprite because it was vaguely offensive towards Twitter trannies.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:00 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:53 pm
Jiangshi wrote:
Bent over and removed an art asset of some shampoo bottle sprite because it was vaguely offensive towards Twitter trannies.
It was offensive because trannies don't bathe.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:01 pm

I guess? I've seen the asset in question and it was such bullshit that I don't even remember what supposedly was offensive about it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Jiangshi

Post by Jiangshi » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:12 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:53 pm
Jiangshi wrote:
I heard about twitter being upset over the shampoo bottle but i didn't know they removed the asset. That is indeed pathetic.
Guest wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:21 pm
I don't know what or if they did anything but you should just assume every gayme developer is a shitlib twitter addicted faggot. These retro FPS faggots are just as pozed as anybody else, maybe even more so.
Fair assessment. I heard the guy who made the Brutal Doom mod is supposed to be pretty based but apart from that i have never heard of a vidya game developer who does not fit the stereotype.