Smash Containment Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Smash Containment Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:12 pm

Despite the fact the show shits so hard over his precious video game lore that they made the blue bomber green, because nobody could be arsed to look it up.

And the Smash roster policy is brilliant. Just add another Link and at least two blue sword guys per new game (who are slightly different from the other blue sword guys).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:37 pm

The roster is simply a) bringing back everyone that was in any previous Smash version and b) whoever people cried the most for. That's it.
Quite frankly, what do you expect? If he hadn't brought the characters back, he'd never hear the end of it. Talking about wasted space in the case of the echo fighters is just plain moronic. It's not like that was some slot that would've been filled by some totally original character instead.
Alucard is wishful thinking, given how Konami currently rolls. It's a small miracle that they even got to put any Castlevania character in the game.
And shut up about the weapon triangle already. Nobody cares. Fire Emblem didn't warrant more than 1 representative in all of Smash in the first place.

I would have loved to have Mega Man X, though. I have no idea why Capcom and seemingly most fans like the original, vastly inferior, version of Mega Man so much better.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:19 pm

But muh nostalgia...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:33 am

I like captain N though.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:20 am

mad bum wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:33 am
I like captain N though.
Surely you jestin.png
Surely you jestin.png (181.04 KiB) Viewed 986 times
YOU BEST MEANT TO SAY CAPTAIN FALCON, NIGGER!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:24 am

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:43 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:09 pm
They just tripled down on the reskins. Wasted tons of space on Dark Samus/Pit especially. 3 different versions of Link. It's pretty obvious they shat this game out last minute. They went for quantity, not quality, as usual. The ideal roster is a tight bit diverse one with no more than 3 characters per franchise. Such a rule veen make "echo fights" (gay excuse for copy paste) feel more unique. Example;

Mario
Luigi
Bowser

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf

Fox
Falco

Ness
Lucas

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo

Marth (sword fighter)
Ephriam (spear fighter) <WEAPON TRIANGLE HUR DUR NINTENDO
Hector (ax fighter)

Simon Belmont
Alucard

DK
Diddy
K. Rool

Kirby
M. Knight
DDD

Snake
Sonic
Megaman / X
Zero

But what do I know. I'm not the genius nintendo programmer, just another p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ payer.
The point of Smash Ultimate was to have every character in Smash Bros history on it. They won't be doing that shit for a long time, it's the reason Ice Climbers are back despite the fact that having 8 Ice Climbers in a match chugs the shit out of the frame rate (hence why they weren't in Smash 4).

And limiting the amount of characters like that is going to fuel the autism of the Smash community.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:58 pm

Can't call the switch underpowered now! :lol:
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:27 pm

I don't know what I hate more, a)Kirby getting ultra-nerfed (guess that was the price to be paid for being the star of Subspace 2: Autistic Boogaloo), b) directional air dodging lagging or c) parries.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:40 pm

For me it's a.
Directional airdodging being a thing and you only getting one super laggy one is the best shit ever. In Sm4sh you could just airdodge as much as you wanted to. Don't worry about it getting punished because you could just airdodge again right away. It made edge guarding nearly impossible.
Dunno what your issue is with parries. Perfect shielding was way too easy anyway but hardly paid off.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!