Smash Containment Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Pepsi Man

Re: Smash Containment Thread

Post by Pepsi Man » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:24 am

Competitive players are going to ruin this game in short order.

I'm decidedly average at Smash. It's not something I debate. It's just truth. I have no dog in the competitive scene race but within this first week there are so many denials of the clear leaders of the pack.

"King K Rool isn't overpowered," they shout. Yes, he is definitely beatable but the tools he has makes him so incredibly unfun to fight against in any scene other than high level tourney play that I doubt he'll ever see nerfs since they're going to adjust balance based on higher level players now.
Also Chrom and Inkling are both in a league of their own compared to everyone else. What a surprise. A Fire Emblem character being top tier.

On top of that the AI is either retarded enough to SD multiple times or is a perfect machine of death that's capable of finessing on top level tournament players.

Online went from, "bawww I can't get into my 1v1s," to suddenly forcing me into 1v1s when I'm looking for casual matches while playing characters I've literally never used ever. Double hilarious when the tryhard running a FE character relentlessly attacks despite their opponent clearly not knowing what to do and not wanting this matchup.

Online input lag has had me charging smashes despite tapping the button and my controls have a 50/50 chance of resetting.

I love the game with friends and solo but the competitive scene needs to go back to melee and stop ruining my online experience.

As an aside, Marth, female Marth, fire Marth, fire Marth's echo, and Marth with dragons are getting really old really fast. Points to heavy Marth, too. At least Robin is completely unique.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:39 am

Welcome back
167.png
167.png (4.44 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
Is Spoony dead yet?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:11 am

cokeman returns.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Don't worry, the Meleefags will fuck off after Christmas the latest.
I haven't touched the online yet because from all accounts, it's a shitshow. The fix would be very simple. Just have the game actually enforce the settings you're looking for. I don't want to play Free for All at all, the FFA players likely don't want to play 1v1 no items. There should be enough people playing that nobody has to wait for long without the game just throwing your filters aside and stuffing you in the next free game regardless.

I don't get why Chrom is supposedly so strong. He's just Marth without tippers with Ike's up B. Easy to gimp recovery.
K. Rool is overpowered, though. He's got too much armour on his moves. I think absolutely every move that has armour should be tied to his armour breaking mechanic.
His projectiles being immune to deflecting is just straight up bullshit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Chrom is top tier in tournament style play due to his speed and what he can do with it. He's better than every other FE character except in his recovery.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Again, I don't see why he would be better. He's just a mixup between Lucina and Ike. He lacks Ike's side B but has his up B, making for a mega shit recovery.
I don't care what Zero or Leffen have to say about him. He's going to get edge guarded to shit. They've been wrong in the early days of Smash 4 as well.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:41 pm

The problem is getting him off stage to begin with as well as his up b spiking. You can literally take someone to hell with you if they're trying to guard you and you time it right.

Trust me, he's a problem. I can body every other FE character but him with Cloud and Cloud is decidedly average this time around.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:54 am

Well, Cloud also has the same shitty recovery if he doesn't have limit. As far as getting Chrom off stage, that's not any harder than getting Lucina, Marth or Roy off the stage.
So what's the problem about his up B spiking? If he wouldn't make it back, just don't edge guard and let him die. If he would, you already know when he's doing it because he's pretty much got to be directly below the ledge. Am I missing some secret tech here?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:23 am

You're missing exactly how fast he really is, yes.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:17 am

Pepsi Man wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:23 am
You're missing exactly how fast he really is, yes.
Not any faster than Marth.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!