Blizzcon lol

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Blizzcon lol

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:32 am

Yup, what I expected. Flimsy copyright in the first place.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:53 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:51 pm
They will milk that cow till the last fucking cent, mate.
They have no other cows to milk at this point.
All their games are dead and W3 Reforged is in a worse state than Failout 76; they apparently tried to host a big tournament recently and the game kept crashing and disconnecting contenders who were playing next to each other.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:14 pm

Once again a big HD remake of an ancient title turns out to run worse than the original ever did. Classic.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:32 am
Yup, what I expected. Flimsy copyright in the first place.
Though ripping off Planescape might be a different story, since that appears to be a bit more original, or at least ripping off more obscure sources.
Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:53 am
Games Workshop sued Blizzard over dwarf gyrocopters in Warcraft back in the day.

They're lucky Blizzard settled, because they went to court a few years ago over "space marine" and got their asses kicked. Turns out their trademarks apply solely to pushing toy soldiers around on a table and not to any multimedia shit.
The main issue with "space marine" was that the term has been in use long before GW was even a thing, and that the Space Marines are actually called Adeptus Astartes in the fluff.
This incident also started GW's trend of making weird changes to faction names during edition changes, in order to avoid having anything too generic that could potentionally not be trademarked. Even the Tau are now the "T'au", and the Eldar now the "Aeldar", since that's ever so slightly less generic, apparently.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Complicity wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:53 pm
All their games are dead
Except for doom eternal, which ironically is a single player game.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:14 pm

Blizzard today would be better of if there wasn't so much rampant nepotism and bowing down to corporate overlords.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:56 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:14 pm
The main issue with "space marine" was that the term has been in use long before GW was even a thing, and that the Space Marines are actually called Adeptus Astartes in the fluff.
This incident also started GW's trend of making weird changes to faction names during edition changes, in order to avoid having anything too generic that could potentionally not be trademarked. Even the Tau are now the "T'au", and the Eldar now the "Aeldar", since that's ever so slightly less generic, apparently.
It's also why they killed off Warhammer Fantasy and replaced it with Age of Sigmar. Well that and nobody was fucking playing WHF.
mad bum wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:11 pm
Complicity wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:53 pm
All their games are dead
Except for doom eternal, which ironically is a single player game.
That's Bethesda, not Blizzard. I know, it gets confusing with all the shit vidya corporations starting with B.

phpBB [video]
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:56 am
It's also why they killed off Warhammer Fantasy and replaced it with Age of Sigmar. Well that and nobody was fucking playing WHF.
Ain't nobody playing AoS either.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:41 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:32 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:56 am
Ain't nobody playing AoS either.
True. But for some silly reason they thought people would.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:17 pm

They were probably hoping that finally introducing Fantasy Space Marines (or rather Fantasy Ultramarines, going by their default paintjob) would do the trick. Then they overdid it "slightly" with the lawyer-approved name changes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:35 am

Since I actually have no fucking clue about AoS I decided to look up what's going on with it. Supposedly, it's selling super well but at the same time they are bringing back Warhammer Fantasy as The Old World in the next two to three years.
So is Age of Sigmar in the same universe as 40k? I know Fantasy was considered to be until they eventually retconed that. The only thing really standing in the way of that is Slaanesh existing before the Age of Strife and as the worst chaos god he can go suck a dick for all I care. Probably does, the sex pest.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!