Blizzcon lol

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Blizzcon lol

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:44 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:38 pm
Of course it was just bullshit to make the plebs shut up and get distracted by the shiny object. :lol:
Same as Plebberwatch 2, which is not coming out anytime soon.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:51 am

So who spilled the beans? I was expecting them to announce Diablo 4 just from the blunder fest last year, not to mention the China dicksucking just recently. But that only really works if you manage to distract the morons long enough with massive hype. I see no hype and the ruse didn't even last a week, hell, barely a day.
mad bum wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:44 pm
How long does it take to take diablo 3 and add a coat of paint on it?
Well Diablo 3, as in the system with the runes and shit instead of the skill tree from Diablo 2, was made in just a bit over a month. That was after the engine and assets were done, of course.
So accounting for the assets and considering that it's the same engine, a team of the size that Blizzard has it should take about half a year since they started. What besides maps and assets do they really do after all? It's a large mod at best and with dozens of people working full time on it that should be a quick task.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:55 am

I like how quickly the whole thing was exposed as a sham. None of the announced games are coming out any time soon and they're not even close to finished making them. They grabbed a bunch of project folders and decided to splash the names up on the internet to distract from how much they love tiny fascist chinaman dick.

It's not that it would take a long time to make a Diablo 4, but apparently they're not even close to finishing one.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:04 am

Which is baffling.
I find it very odd that nobody ever talks about how quickly and how late Diablo 3 changed from a direct predecessor of Diablo 2 in every preview version up until release to what it was eventually released as. I could almost think that I'm just imagining things but I've still got the gayming magazines just two issues apart to confirm that I'm not crazy.
There was a PvP arena, there was the jewellery hag, the Horadrim cube and a proper skill tree. Skip forward less than two months for the final preview a week before release and everything is different and you've got the mega shit rune system.
It's some Destiny kinda fuckery on short notice with the exception that nobody seems to ever mention it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:57 am

Diablofags were just too afraid to be too vocal at that time. Though this did get mentioned in one of the few videos I've found that was stunning and brave enough to critize Diablo 3 for reasons other than the auction house / gear drops fiasco.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:55 am
I like how quickly the whole thing was exposed as a sham. None of the announced games are coming out any time soon and they're not even close to finished making them. They grabbed a bunch of project folders and decided to splash the names up on the internet to distract from how much they love tiny fascist chinaman dick.
Why even have some annual convention featuring important gayming announcements if your company takes forever to actually release new stuff?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:57 am
Why even have some annual convention featuring important gayming announcements if your company takes forever to actually release new stuff?
Because they charge $200 for the ticket and sell merchandize there.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:15 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:44 pm
How long does it take to take diablo 3 and add a coat of paint on it?
Scamming bugmen has NO. SET. SCHEDULE.
And like everyone predicted, the game plays exactly like 3. Six active skills in total, health potion on cooldown.
But there will be a passive skill tree that pales in comparison to the ones of Path of Exile and Grim Dawn.
And it will be "open world" (it won't).
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:44 am
Same as Plebberwatch 2, which is not coming out anytime soon.
B-but the new wow expansion, which rips off FF14, is coming guize!
I can't wait for it to come out and see Youtube flooded with videos saying how the story sucks, the balance is pure shite, there is nothing meaningful to do outside the raid, the community doesn't interact and everyone acts like an elitist because the game is too easy + dungeon finder. Same old story since Cataclysm.
And i can't wait to see their forum flooded with "i'll wait for the next expansion (because it's not like i already bought this one and resubbed in order to be able to post anyway)" comments.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:41 pm

Aren't these games "open world" by design?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:29 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:57 am
Because they charge $200 for the ticket and sell merchandize there.
But those are $200 I'm willing to pay for the privilege of getting an authentic Leeroy Jenkins miniature. Which is probably a Funkocuck.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:21 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:41 pm
Aren't these games "open world" by design?
Usually Diablo clones are made up from interconnected istances and are mostly linear rather than having seamless enviroments like Bugthesda games.
Sacred 1 was one of the rare exceptions

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:03 pm

Aside from the linearity, Titan Quest and Grim Dawn are largely seamless, even if the acts are usually connected via tunnels.

And so this is the other thing they'll rip off of Sacred? Now they just have to replace Mana with cooldowns, and the holy trinity will be complete.
But if only they'd actually rip off the classes from that game...
-Yours Truly